This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to deal with Spam Issues and Gmail?
RE: How to deal with Spam Issues and Gmail?
Greetings, americanninja and welcome to Sentora Forums.
It seems to me you have to setup a more strict Spam Filtering (see "Ubuntu 14.04 | Install and Configure Postfix + Amavisd-new + ClamAV + Spamassassin" ).

From what I can tell Gmail is greylisting you due to the amount of spam you sent to Gmail, probably on your previsous Cpanel Setup you had strict spam rules (honestly Sentora defaults are not optimal to filter spam).

On the most basic level you can try to enable the RBL filtering (I do not recommend using this without testing because it can cause a lot of false positives) you can see a list of some RBL's on Wikipedia, remember that using RBL's you need to keep checking if they are being updated or not, the default "SpamHaus" is a safe one to use (still with false positives).

After you reduce the amount of Spam sent to Gmail servers you should be removed from the greylisting with time...

Note: I hope I understood your problem correctly, if not please tell me Smile
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to deal with Spam Issues and Gmail? - by apinto - 05-02-2015, 09:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sentora Email Setup - EMAIL DOESN'T GO TO SPAM james30263 0 3 ,388 09-15-2018, 01:20 PM
Last Post: james30263
Email problem Gmail and Outlook mares992 1 5 ,406 08-10-2017, 01:51 AM
Last Post: mares992
sent out mails going to junk/spam Roma 4 10 ,857 08-10-2017, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Roma