This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

subdomain for users
RE: subdomain for users
No . only the shared domain once manualy. The rest by de gui.
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
So, it's not working. I changed in phpmyadmin in setting_x shared domain into hosting.we.po.opole (and then hosting.we.po.opole.pl), then I logged into regular user, went to subdomain (domain was blank) and when I tried to add user1.hosting.we.po.opole.pl I got an error Your Domain name is not valid. Please enter a valid Domain Name: i.e. domain.com
Because I should add it as subdomain right?

And btw, even if I changed in phpmyadmin file, when I refresh on admin apache config, it changes into hosting.we.po.opole.pl (same as I wrote in file) so I think, it's the same resultat, if I would change shared domain in GUI Sad
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2016, 08:53 AM)kai91 Wrote: So, it's not working. I changed in phpmyadmin in setting_x shared domain into hosting.we.po.opole (and then hosting.we.po.opole.pl), then I logged into regular user, went to subdomain (domain was blank) and when I tried to add user1.hosting.we.po.opole.pl I got an error Your Domain name is not valid. Please enter a valid Domain Name: i.e. domain.com
Because I should add it as subdomain right?

And btw, even if I changed in phpmyadmin file, when I refresh on admin apache config, it changes into hosting.we.po.opole.pl (same as I wrote in file) so I think, it's the same resultat, if I would change shared domain in GUI Sad

i'd just tryed it myself. Its even easyer then it tough. Here my steps:

- In sentora admin/apache module i added hosting.we.po.opole.pl as shared vhost
- wait for the daemon to run or do it maunally in ssh
- then i go to any sentora user and added the subdomain user1.hosting.we.po.opole.pl trought domain managment(not subdomain)
- sentora says succesfull
- wait for daemon

[Image: domain.JPG]
[Image: shared.JPG]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
Is there a different between shared vhost and shared domain? How do I create shared vhost?

I added hosting.we.po.opole.pl as shared domain, and then I was able to create only 1 address : user1.hosting.we.po.opole.pl
on any other account if I try i got error that I'm trying to add subdomain without domain Sad
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2016, 09:31 PM)kai91 Wrote: Is there a different between shared vhost and shared domain? How do I create shared vhost?

I added hosting.we.po.opole.pl as shared domain, and then I was able to create only 1 address : user1.hosting.we.po.opole.pl
on any other account if I try i got error that I'm trying to add subdomain without domain Sad

I meant shared domain.sorry.

I tryed it and i can make infinte userhosting.we.po.opole.pl in every sentora account. 

Thanks given by:
So I have no idea now...
I created one and I can't create another:
[Image: 3PVZcMG.jpg]

My settings looks like that:
[Image: gILzccz.jpg]

and I pressed 'GO' in this sentora daemon
[Image: 0qZ3FhV.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Shared domains are not supposed to have the .tld at the end. (no idea why?) My shared domains are entered as domain1, domain2

So, if you drop the last .pl from the database entry it should work. In theory.
Or maybe even the last 2 ? Try both if first one doesn't work.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2016, 10:24 PM)bbspike Wrote: [quote='kai91' pid='15643' dateline='1457263897']
Is there a different between shared vhost and shared domain? How do I create shared vhost?

I tryed it and i can make infinte user.hosting.we.po.opole.pl in every sentora account.

Thanks given by:
(03-07-2016, 08:54 AM)TGates Wrote: Shared domains are not supposed to have the .tld at the end. (no idea why?) My shared domains are entered as domain1, domain2

So, if you drop the last .pl from the database entry it should work. In theory.
Or maybe even the last 2 ? Try both if first one doesn't work.
Yea, but bbspike added whole with .tld in shared domain and it works for him
//i tried without .pt and without .opole.pl and without .po.opole.pl just only hosting, and still, I can add only one subdomain for one user. For another it says, that I can't add in domain menu subdomains.

(03-07-2016, 04:51 PM)bbspike Wrote:
(03-06-2016, 10:24 PM)bbspike Wrote:
(03-06-2016, 09:31 PM)kai91 Wrote: Is there a different between shared vhost and shared domain? How do I create shared vhost?

I tryed it and i can make infinte user.hosting.we.po.opole.pl in every sentora account.
Right? You added hosting.we.po.opole.pl in shared domain and you can create subdomains (as a domain)
Thanks given by:
Another solution you can hack the panel and disable the domain checking function and set it to true so it will accept any. Also would mean you can get unexpected results like duplicate domains. So use with caution.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,155 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
redirect error after letsencrypt + subdomain mizerek 1 4 ,094 08-06-2020, 04:54 AM
Last Post: mizerek
I want to create a subdomain using XMWS phuong112 1 4 ,311 11-13-2019, 09:25 AM
Last Post: TGates