This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

subdomain for users
subdomain for users
Hello, I need a bit of help.

I have one main domain mydomain.com
and i need 200 users be able to create subdomains fe: user1.mydomain.com user2.mydomain.com etc.

i added mydomain.com in apache module config as shared one but still I can't create subdomains on normal users, and hint?

best regards.

P.S. I love you, that u made sentora on windows

//i tried the magic with shared domains (i typed mydomain) or (mydomain.com) but it didn't appear in subdomains anyway.
Thanks given by:
RE: subdomain for users
Add it in the domain module:
User1.mydomain.com, user2.mydomain.com, etc. On each of their accounts.
Not sure why it is coded that way, but it works. Then go into dns manager and create defaults.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Is this possible, to create sub-subdomain? In websitepanel I could create subdomain as a domain, and tick there, that users can create subdomains from it, how about Sentora?

Unfortunatelly I can't because it says, that I'm trying to add subdomain in domain module:

You cannot add a Subdomain here. Please use the Subdomain manager to add Subdomains.

Or I missunderstood you.

//I tried the shared domains from documentation: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=100 but it also don't work.

//edit2: I made again shared domain, i typed there domain
then on normal User I have created doman: user1.domain.com and it worked. However, I can't create on any other user or reseller or even admin another user2.domain.com What is going on?

//edit3: FUN FACT, if I use excatly 'shared.domain.com' I can create multiple variations, fe: shared1.domain.com shared2.domain.com etc.

--------MOST IMPORTANT-------

//edit4, I think I know what is going on. I have domain (I have to write it whole) hosting.we.po.opole.pl and I'm pretty sure that is too long (to many dots?) and Sentora thinks it's subdomain. I tried that shared domains with only 'hosting' and I was able to do test1.hosting.com test2.hosting.com etc, but I'm not able to do test1.hosting.we.po.opole.pl test2.hosting.we.po.opole.pl and so on. Any hints?
Thanks given by:
Forget Cpanel as this is not cpanel. This is currently differently and we may add the feature later.

In few words you can't do the same as CPANEL. So think about it.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I need it really bad.

So what you suggest? I have to use Windows (not my choice), and I need the possibility of creating subdomains from subdomain + available php, mysql (and asp.net, but it's not MUST BE).

reinstall sentora into ZPanel? Can I there make sub-subdomains?

Best Regards.
Thanks given by:
Windows is not officially supported currently.

We don't support ASP.NET!

Sub domains works either their root is the main domain folder or using another sub domain.Seem you didn't understand it. I mean in Cpanel you can get subdomain folder more customised ( inside main domain folders while not the case here).

TAKE CARE: There is domain module and SUBDOMAIN module each is different.

I'm a bit not getting what you are trying to do following your EDIT and updates in first post?

Did you check

/?module=sub_domains

in your panel ?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Yes, I did.

Here is what I want to do:

I have an address: hosting.we.po.opole.pl (it's not main domain, its sub-domain from we.po.opole.pl).

I need to have possibility to create 300 subdomains with addresses: user1.hosting.we.po.opole.pl, user2.hosting.we.po.opole.pl ... user300.hosting.we.po.opole.pl

So. What I should set as a shared domain (in apache module config) to have the possibility to create those subdomains (user.hosting.we.po.opole.pl)? If I set just 'hosting' it's not working of course, because it's not my main domain.

Thanks for answer, and sorry if I upset you.

PS. asp.net is not necessary in my case
Thanks given by:
In your case, you need to get a smaller (less dots) domain name.
Technically, your domain: hosting.we.po.opole.pl already has 3 sub domains! Why not get a free .tk domain which works the same as any other regular domain? Besides that fact, not many clients/users will want to type all those dots in their domain.

Thanks given by:
I have to use it, it's a school's domain and students have to do their homework using it :/
Thanks given by:
Well, that makes sense... Will have to look into it, maybe we can set you up with a custom way to bypass the shared domain verification or something.
Me.B what do you think?

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,153 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
redirect error after letsencrypt + subdomain mizerek 1 4 ,094 08-06-2020, 04:54 AM
Last Post: mizerek
I want to create a subdomain using XMWS phuong112 1 4 ,309 11-13-2019, 09:25 AM
Last Post: TGates