This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

subdomain for users
RE: subdomain for users
I will be really greatfull! I'm thinking also about another solution. Just create one main domain: hosting.we.po.opole.pl and then only make folders for students, for example: hosting.we.po.opole.pl/student1, hosting.we.po.opole.pl/student2 etc. but I have no idea if there will be some problems with php/phpmyadmin or MySQL (I think I will need to create by myself MySQL databases and users).

Best regards.
Thanks given by:
Angel

I was going to suggest that same idea! LOL

It's still 1000x easier.

Just make /user1 ... /user300
And for database, you can assign them accounts and name them to match their user ID. So they would end up being something like zadmin_user1:password:[somethingrandom] and assign to each user Wink

Make a backup of the hosting_we_po_opole_pl/ folder including subfolders (user1, user2, etc.)
This way, when the class ends and you start a new class, you just restore your backup 'refreshing' the folders and reassign new passwords for the databases Wink
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
You can bypass it by enter the many dots domain manualy in database with phpmyadmin .that wat you bypass the sentora gui check. Did test it do, just a tought.
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2016, 08:58 AM)TGates Wrote: Just make /user1 ... /user300
And for database, you can assign them accounts and name them to match their user ID. So they would end up being something like zadmin_user1:password:[somethingrandom] and assign to each user Wink
I have to do those folders manually, right? Without sentora's panel. I will give a try a bit later

(03-05-2016, 05:27 PM)bbspike Wrote: You can bypass it by enter the many dots domain manualy in database with phpmyadmin .that wat you bypass the sentora gui check. Did test it do, just a tought.
So what do you suggest? Set shared domain in my case: hostingpoopole, and give a try with createing domains user1.hosting.we.po.opole.pl and then in PHPMyAdmin add those dots?

Thanks again, you are great guys!
Thanks given by:
Yes . add manualy shared host in database. Dont use sentora GUI but go to sentora_core/x_settings and add the domain with all the dots. then try create subsdomains for the users in there own account(not fqdn domains). The vhost file sentora generates should be no problemen as servername will be the subdomain directed to the subdomains folder.

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
It wouldn't work in my case, because I have to create accounts for normal users, so they can't create subdomains without domain.

So that's why I wanted to have one main domain: hosting.we.po.opole.pl and then on normal user account's just create subdomain user1 + domain. However, if I use shared domain, I can't make subdomains, just regular domain, which will look like subdomain user1.hosting.we.po.opole.pl in my case.

To create subdomains I need to create main domain on each account first, am I thinking right? And if I create main domain on one account hosting.we.po.opole.pl and then create subdomain, I couldn't do the process on another user account, beacuse main domain will exist.
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2016, 08:19 PM)kai91 Wrote: It wouldn't work in my case, because I have to create accounts for normal users, so they can't create subdomains without domain.

So that's why I wanted to have one main domain: hosting.we.po.opole.pl and then on normal user account's just create subdomain user1 + domain. However, if I use shared domain, I can't make subdomains, just regular domain, which will look like subdomain user1.hosting.we.po.opole.pl in my case.

To create subdomains I need to create main domain on each account first, am I thinking right? And if I create main domain on one account hosting.we.po.opole.pl and then create subdomain, I couldn't do the process on another user account, beacuse main domain will exist.

No it will work theoraticly. Thats where the shared domain is for. People with there own accoutns dont need to fill in a domain, just the need subdomain wich is part of the shared domain.

For example,

You setup a shared domain test.com (or test.test.com whatever)
Every account in sentora is now able to ad subdomain within the shared domain so user1.test.com, user2.test.com  (or user1.test.test.com and so on)

Hope i am a little clear. Its bassicly whre the shared domain option is for. The only problem you have now is that sentora GUI doesn´t allow you to add domain with more then one dot. So add it manualy in database, bypass the GUI check.

Thanks given by:
Oh! I thought if I'm creating subdomain I have to write that well, let's name that "alias" - that part before main domain, and the select from that white box needed domain. I will certainly give a try!
Thanks given by:
Let us know if it works or if there is a problemen

Thanks given by:
One last question, to clarify everything.

I have to change in every single user in phpmyadmin that dots, or just overall in sentora_core/x_settings ?

I mean, if I add not in GUI, but in that file that shared domain hosting.we.po.opole.pl I will be able to create subdomains user1.hosting.we.po.opole.pl or I have to create subdomains like user1hostingwepo.opole.pl and then in phpmyadmin for every single user add those dots?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,153 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
redirect error after letsencrypt + subdomain mizerek 1 4 ,094 08-06-2020, 04:54 AM
Last Post: mizerek
I want to create a subdomain using XMWS phuong112 1 4 ,309 11-13-2019, 09:25 AM
Last Post: TGates