This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

BIND not started...but somehow answering requests.
RE: BIND not started...but somehow answering requests.
Fedora is a possibility, but Windows would need to have its own new branch as the security layer is slowly being changed.
In theory, it shouldn't be that difficult to maintain a Windows version based off current Sentora (before new security changes are made) and mimic any new fixes from *nix and convert them to Windows.

I don't really have the time, but one could setup a Windows VM and do the Windows Upgrade, finish off the database name conversion, update the web stack and make a new Windows package for Sentora 1.0.3
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(12-15-2016, 06:08 AM)TGates Wrote: Fedora is a possibility...

Any idea of when Fedora support may be added?

The one thing that bothers me about cPanel is that it doesn't support Fedora, which is one reason I'd like to do away with it because it just doesn't offer the OS solution I'm looking for. It's stable (mind you so is Sentora), but I'd prefer to have it on an OS as predictable as Fedora, whereas CentOS has always been unstable for me.
Thanks given by:
I have no idea on a timeline, if at all. I just said it would be possible. Almost any flavor of *nix is possible Wink

Thanks given by:
Ok, well after doing my own digging into this subject. 

I've still got no answers.

Sentora shows BIND as running, BIND is answering requests, but when I go to Webmin it's still showing it as not started.    

Additionally, I can't seem to transfer DNS records to another machine for a secondary DNS. It works fine on my non-Sentora controlled systems with the exact same configuration, but when it comes to Sentora, it won't allow a second DNS server....Anyone know why?

Thanks given by:
Are you trying to transfer it in webmin? This is a big No No! Webmin and Sentora do NOT play together very well due to the differences in configurations. You can use webmin to check on your hosting services but not change them. This can break Sentora.

Thanks given by:
Quote:Are you trying to transfer it in webmin?

I am attempting to transfer from Server A (Sentora) to Server B (Webmin Only)...

As I said in my FIRST post.
Quote:new to Sentora, but longtime linux administrator... I'm not a newbie

I'm well aware that it could break it, which is why I never use Webmin to change Sentora data. A lot of management software is like that. Smile

If you look at the photos I included, photo one (first) is of the Sentora server, running Webmin. Second one is a webmin only server, and I'm only using BIND on that.
Thanks given by:
I have no idea then. I thought they were both on same server. Me.B

Thanks given by:
What proess are you following as currently sentora was designed to host dns servers on same machine that would not be the best solution but it's how it works.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Essentially I setup Sentora with a slave of my secondary dns, but it can't transfer records because Webmin (on both servers) shows that BIND isn't started (or running) on the Sentora panel
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Address allready : Make shock could not bind 0.0.0.0:80 Sentora foreveralone 0 3 ,525 09-06-2015, 12:27 PM
Last Post: foreveralone
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:443 foreveralone 3 10 ,302 08-21-2015, 10:46 PM
Last Post: kandrews
Sentora Panel Responding To All Requests faicec 2 8 ,703 05-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Last Post: faicec