This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Won't point to correct directory.
Won't point to correct directory.
Hello Support,

I've set up senora and everything seems to be working correctly. I just bought a domain from godaddy and pointed it to my public ip. When you type in the URL it does go to myself. However, it is not loading what is in the directory for the site. It is loading the default appache site from when you first install it. I added the domain to the list but it is still not point correctly. I am assuming that it a problem with the DNS on sentora. Just not sure how my config is supposed to look like. Can you please guide me to fix this problem? I know its not loading the panel because I changed the port to 8080 for the panel (site.com:8080) and the panel loads fine. 

Thanks in advance for the help!
Thanks given by:
RE: Won't point to correct directory.
Did you create the default DNS records using the DNS Manager module?
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(08-27-2016, 03:26 AM)TGates Wrote: Did you create the default DNS records using the DNS Manager module?

Yes, I did. Everything is set to the public IP for some reason.
Thanks given by:
I need some urls and server IP to check it out. Do you have any other domains added?

Thanks given by:
(08-27-2016, 03:44 AM)TGates Wrote: I need some urls and server IP to check it out. Do you have any other domains added?

I do not have any other domains.

URL: christiangig.me

IP: 96.82.141.211
Thanks given by:
You should never see that page if Sentora installed properly. Did you install Sentora on a minimal OS install?

Make sure you read the 'Pre-Installation Check' and followed it exactly: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=7

Thanks given by:
(08-27-2016, 04:16 AM)TGates Wrote: You should never see that page if Sentora installed properly. Did you install Sentora on a minimal OS install?

Make sure you read the 'Pre-Installation Check' and followed it exactly: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=7

I installed it on a minimal. I however did not have the domain when installing. I will blow it away and reinstall it.
Thanks given by:
Ok, make sure you keep an eye out for any errors Wink

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to give the cliens file manager access to their respective domain directory vsvinit0 4 9 ,213 10-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Last Post: vsvinit0
Sentora open_basedir - how to set for specific directory sathish2009 6 15 ,685 05-02-2019, 07:35 AM
Last Post: TGates
Point subdomain to other ip server from sentora MeredithSmith 1 6 ,800 04-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Last Post: fearworks