This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora open_basedir - how to set for specific directory
Sentora open_basedir - how to set for specific directory
Hi,

how to set for specific directory open_basedir

i get following error when running my CI project

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: ini_set(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/inv_opensourceworld_info:/var/sentora/temp/)

Filename: drivers/Session_files_driver.php

Line Number: 108

Backtrace:

File: /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/inv_opensourceworld_info/application/controllers/Auth.php
Line: 7
Function: __construct

File: /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/inv_opensourceworld_info/index.php
Line: 315
Function: require_once
Thanks given by:
RE: Sentora open_basedir - how to set for specific directory
Fixed the issue thanks to @Ron-e

Thread Link

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...1#pid20031

Steps:

Module Admin -> Apache Config -> Select domain at "Override a Virtual Host Setting" -> unselect "OpenBase Enabled" -> save -> wait 5 min. or run daemon manually.
Thanks given by:
lol, i'm glad i could help.. Tongue

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2017, 11:31 PM)Ron-e Wrote: lol, i'm glad i could help.. Tongue

Hi sorry for interrupt this post, my english its not good and im new at sentora but i have the same issue when i try to use session_start

Warning: session_start(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/adharagrill_mx:/var/sentora/temp/) in /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/adharagrill_mx/lang/Language.php on line 10

I saw your fix solution but you mentioned that fix could lead to an security issue so there is another way to fix?
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2019, 01:28 AM)Juan Pablo Wrote: Hi sorry for interrupt this post, my english its not good and im new at sentora but i have the same issue when i try to use session_start

Warning: session_start(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/adharagrill_mx:/var/sentora/temp/) in /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/adharagrill_mx/lang/Language.php on line 10

I saw your fix solution but you mentioned that fix could lead to an security issue so there is another way to fix?

That is because your script is looking for /tmp while it should be pointed at /var/sentora/temp You could also try and add /tmp to the Open Base Temp Directory config in: Admin > Module Admin > Apache Config and change it to look like:

Code:
/var/sentora/temp/:/tmp/
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2019, 07:24 AM)TGates Wrote: That is because your script is looking for /tmp while it should be pointed at /var/sentora/temp You could also try and add /tmp to the Open Base Temp Directory config in: Admin > Module Admin > Apache Config and change it to look like:

Code:
/var/sentora/temp/:/tmp/

Sorry for the late response but i tried as you said setting this: /var/sentora/temp/:/tmp/ to Apache config and restarted the service but still got the same issue.

[Image: open_base.png]

But still got this 
[Image: issue_temp.png]
i should do the override config?
Thanks given by:
You can do the bypass to test the site and get it working, then we can sort out the folder restriction so that you can turn the blocking back on. I checked the domain and whatever scripts you are using are full of problems from the looks of it.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,879 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,098 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,487 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM