This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

change subdomain directory
change subdomain directory
Hello. I'm fairly new to this server management stuff and I was wondering how you would go about pointing a subdomain to another directory? In cpanel there was an easy way to do this. 
[Image: 100025702_cpanel-subdomain1a.png]
Can anyone help?
Thanks given by:
RE: change subdomain directory
You can't pickup a path currently. Either same root folder or a new one.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 10:47 PM)Me.B Wrote: You can't pickup a path currently. Either same root folder or a new one.

M B

bummer lol thanks so much!
Thanks given by:
Cant see the diferrents. Cpanel also always use your root. Sentora alows you to make any directory in root just like cpanel.
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2016, 05:30 PM)bbspike Wrote: Cant see the diferrents. Cpanel also always use your root. Sentora alows you to make any directory in root just like cpanel.

The difference is that you can manually change the directory to point to somewhere other than the root directory.
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2016, 05:57 AM)cv8950 Wrote:
(03-05-2016, 05:30 PM)bbspike Wrote: Cant see the diferrents. Cpanel also always use your root. Sentora alows you to make any directory in root just like cpanel.

The difference is that you can manually change the directory to point to somewhere other than the root directory.

yes i know. but that is also not possible with cpanel, it has to be in youre own root.

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2016, 06:14 AM)bbspike Wrote:

yes i know. but that is also not possible with cpanel, it has to be in youre own root.

I think there must have been some missed communication here's what I was trying to accomplish. From a tutorial. https://www.itsupportguides.com/wordpres...ss-domain/

1. In the ‘Create a subdomain’ box enter static in the ‘Subdomains field and in the ‘Document Root’ field enter the path to the wp-content folder, for example /public_html/wp-content

2. [Image: WordPress-StaticContent2.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2016, 06:38 AM)cv8950 Wrote:
(03-06-2016, 06:14 AM)bbspike Wrote:

I think there must have been some missed communication here's what I was trying to accomplish. From a tutorial. https://www.itsupportguides.com/wordpres...ss-domain/

1. In the ‘Create a subdomain’ box enter static in the ‘Subdomains field and in the ‘Document Root’ field enter the path to the wp-content folder, for example /public_html/wp-content

2. [Image: WordPress-StaticContent2.png]

Ah yes i understand now. You want to type youre own directory name when creating a subdomain. Whitout some core code changing its not possible.

Thanks given by:
1. Using FTP or SSH, make the wp-content folder and set the proper permissions and ownership.
2. Go into Sub Domain Manager and add your subdomain name
3. Select 'Use existing home directory' and choose the wp-content folder.
4. Save.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
change username from email umarzuki@gmail.com 0 1 ,265 11-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: umarzuki@gmail.com
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,154 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
redirect error after letsencrypt + subdomain mizerek 1 4 ,094 08-06-2020, 04:54 AM
Last Post: mizerek