This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Question Regarding Fresh Install
RE: Question Regarding Fresh Install
What do you mean 'Sentora doesn't want me too'? When you use the DNS Manager and create the default DNS records for that domain the nameservers are created and added to bind.

Uhm, after re-reading your first post, did you buy a domain from a domain registrar and point it to your server's IP?
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(11-30-2015, 03:10 PM)TGates Wrote: What do you mean 'Sentora doesn't want me too'? When you use the DNS Manager and create the default DNS records for that domain the nameservers are created and added to bind.

Uhm, after re-reading your first post, did you buy a domain from a domain registrar and point it to your server's IP?

Yes I bought a domain. I pointed the DNS name servers to ns.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com. Not the actual IP of the domain. When I finished installing sentora, I can't get to the panel because of this. So I can't use anything within Sentora.
Thanks given by:
(11-30-2015, 03:11 AM)ems_484 Wrote:
(11-28-2015, 07:26 AM)ems_484 Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 05:28 AM)apinto Wrote: I believe that you have not configured the nameservers on your domain, Sentora installs and configures bind to work with sentora.

I am confused by this. How can I configure bind "nameservers" for my domain (ex ns.domain.com; ns2.domain.com) if Sentora doesnt want me to? I know that Sentora installs bind, but when I go to configure it, it doesn't operate. Maybe CentOS7 is different. Maybe I will change back to 6.5 Final. I can't enter Sentora via the web because of the domain name having no dns resolver to get there, so I manually configure them, do a 'systemctl restart named", but still no go.

Anyone know?

You should not manually configure the DNS on Sentora.

Te be able to help you please provide the following information:
- What's the IP Address of the server where Sentora is installed?
- What's the domain you are trying to configure?

After I know this information, I'll try to tell you what is wrong.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(11-30-2015, 09:44 PM)apinto Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 05:28 AM)apinto Wrote: I believe that you have not configured the nameservers on your domain, Sentora installs and configures bind to work with sentora.

I am confused by this. How can I configure bind "nameservers" for my domain (ex ns.domain.com; ns2.domain.com) if Sentora doesnt want me to? I know that Sentora installs bind, but when I go to configure it, it doesn't operate. Maybe CentOS7 is different. Maybe I will change back to 6.5 Final. I can't enter Sentora via the web because of the domain name having no dns resolver to get there, so I manually configure them, do a 'systemctl restart named", but still no go.

Anyone know?

Yes. it is 209.148.85.228, and the domain is seekanet.com. The sub domain that it requires will be shell.seekanet.com. Port 80. the domain is pointed right now to my own name servers, but until Sentora is setup. I can't setup the name servers. So this is where I'm alittle confused.  The name servers are on the same machine. Well, are going to be.
Thanks given by:
(11-30-2015, 11:02 PM)ems_484 Wrote:
(11-30-2015, 09:44 PM)apinto Wrote:

Anyone know?

Yes. it is 209.148.85.228, and the domain is seekanet.com. The sub domain that it requires will be shell.seekanet.com. Port 80. the domain is pointed right now to my own name servers, but until Sentora is setup. I can't setup the name servers. So this is where I'm alittle confused.  The name servers are on the same machine. Well, are going to be.

Edit: Should I use my defualt registrars name servers?
Thanks given by:
Using intoDNS.com (http://www.intodns.com/seekanet.com) the following results:

Domain NS records
dns1.registrar-servers.com.   ['216.87.155.33']   [TTL=172800]
dns5.registrar-servers.com.   ['216.87.155.33']   [TTL=172800]
dns4.registrar-servers.com.   ['216.87.152.33']   [TTL=172800]
dns3.registrar-servers.com.   ['216.87.155.33']   [TTL=172800]
dns2.registrar-servers.com.   ['216.87.152.33']   [TTL=172800]

If You want to be able to use Sentora DNS, you MUST use sentora NameServers (that should point to 209.148.85.228).

Also, checking the A records for your domains:

Using MX Toolbox (http://mxtoolbox.com/domain/shell.seekanet.com/)
It seems that shell.seekanet.com is not configured as a A or CNAME record on your DNS, it returns no records.

You need to setup this subdomain on your current name servers in order to be able to access the panel via the domain.

Keep in mind that DNS is not easy to understand, neither to correctly setup, in your case (that you clearly do not understand how DNS works) I do recommend you to forget using your own DNS (sentora or any other) and to use a external service like CloudFlare DNS, even using an external service you need to setup your A or CNAME records (along with MX and other stuff).

I understand how DNS works, and still I know I do not have the resources to keep up a reliable Name Servers setup, so I do use an external specialized service that is much much more reliable than anything I can manage to create myself at this moment (use CloudFlare DNS, it's free).

Also, before anyone start complaining about Sentora, everything in this post is true for ANY other panel you selfhost yourself, on shared hosts they had already setup everything for you and things are different, but on your own server you need to ALWAYS do this.

Hope this has helped you Smile
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(12-01-2015, 12:17 AM)apinto Wrote: Using intoDNS.com (http://www.intodns.com/seekanet.com) the following results:

Domain NS records
dns1.registrar-servers.com.   ['216.87.155.33']   [TTL=172800]
dns5.registrar-servers.com.   ['216.87.155.33']   [TTL=172800]
dns4.registrar-servers.com.   ['216.87.152.33']   [TTL=172800]
dns3.registrar-servers.com.   ['216.87.155.33']   [TTL=172800]
dns2.registrar-servers.com.   ['216.87.152.33']   [TTL=172800]

If You want to be able to use Sentora DNS, you MUST use sentora NameServers (that should point to 209.148.85.228).

Also, checking the A records for your domains:

Using MX Toolbox (http://mxtoolbox.com/domain/shell.seekanet.com/)
It seems that shell.seekanet.com is not configured as a A or CNAME record on your DNS, it returns no records.

You need to setup this subdomain on your current name servers in order to be able to access the panel via the domain.

Keep in mind that DNS is not easy to understand, neither to correctly setup, in your case (that you clearly do not understand how DNS works) I do recommend you to forget using your own DNS (sentora or any other) and to use a external service like CloudFlare DNS, even using an external service you need to setup your A or CNAME records (along with MX and other stuff).

I understand how DNS works, and still I know I do not have the resources to keep up a reliable Name Servers setup, so I do use an external specialized service that is much much more reliable than anything I can manage to create myself at this moment (use CloudFlare DNS, it's free).

Also, before anyone start complaining about Sentora, everything in this post is true for ANY other panel you selfhost yourself, on shared hosts they had already setup everything for you and things are different, but on your own server you need to ALWAYS do this.

Hope this has helped you Smile

I had setup A records for www and @ as well as the subdomain on namecheap.com (my registrar) and it points to my vps. but my vps doesnt have bind setup or httpd, because sentora wants a clean system. So I am not sure how it will see it. That's all I mean.
Thanks given by:
Also, Port 80 is closed on 209.148.85.228
Only port 22 is open.
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(12-01-2015, 01:01 AM)apinto Wrote: Also, Port 80 is closed on 209.148.85.228
Only port 22 is open.

The port is now open according to iptables. But it still says it is not. :/

Edit: Oh wait. Centos7 uses FirewallD, not iptables. Hmm

*** Edit 2: It works. But is now on my main domain not my subdomain. How can I fix that please?
Thanks given by:
http://shell.seekanet.com/ it's working.
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[HOW-TO]How Install Ioncube Sentora Cantalupo 11 43 ,593 09-17-2018, 06:10 PM
Last Post: itzdaniel483
[How-To] Install Redmine/Passenger/GIT/Subversion james30263 7 27 ,201 09-13-2018, 02:16 PM
Last Post: james30263
Install CSF Firewall Me.B 22 64 ,840 02-04-2018, 05:52 AM
Last Post: CMs222