This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Question Regarding Fresh Install
Question Regarding Fresh Install
I am reading documentation of what requirements are to install Sentora. It made sense for me up until the part that it said Sentora needs a minimal install without services and what not, and a domain name with name servers. How can I configure name servers without installing bind, so then it wouldnt be a fresh system as Sentora wants. Can somebody help
Thanks given by:
RE: Question Regarding Fresh Install
Sentora installs the bind service for you Smile
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
That means you basically need a domain that is already pointed at your server.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(11-26-2015, 02:22 AM)TGates Wrote: That means you basically need a domain that is already pointed at your server.

Thanks for the replies. I installed sentora, but bind isnt setup apparently. So I am configuring the name servers manually. Is this the correct path?
Thanks given by:
Bind is now active but my name servers arent there.
Thanks given by:
Have you added your main domain to the panel?  Using domain management then go into dns manager and create the default records. Then your nameservers will be created.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(11-26-2015, 05:23 AM)TGates Wrote: Have you added your main domain to the panel?  Using domain management then go into dns manager and create the default records. Then your nameservers will be created.

I cannot even get to my site because no name servers can be found. Nobody hosts my domain. I host my own. That is what I was trying to ask. How can it be a fresh install when there is no name servers or dns lookup to be found?

EDIT: I installed Sentora to domain.domain.com, but since DNS is unavailable because Bind is not configured. I can't access it.
Thanks given by:
I believe that you have not configured the nameservers on your domain, Sentora installs and configures bind to work with sentora.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(11-27-2015, 05:28 AM)apinto Wrote: I believe that you have not configured the nameservers on your domain, Sentora installs and configures bind to work with sentora.

I am confused by this. How can I configure bind "nameservers" for my domain (ex ns.domain.com; ns2.domain.com) if Sentora doesnt want me to? I know that Sentora installs bind, but when I go to configure it, it doesn't operate. Maybe CentOS7 is different. Maybe I will change back to 6.5 Final. I can't enter Sentora via the web because of the domain name having no dns resolver to get there, so I manually configure them, do a 'systemctl restart named", but still no go.
Thanks given by:
(11-28-2015, 07:26 AM)ems_484 Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 05:28 AM)apinto Wrote: I believe that you have not configured the nameservers on your domain, Sentora installs and configures bind to work with sentora.

I am confused by this. How can I configure bind "nameservers" for my domain (ex ns.domain.com; ns2.domain.com) if Sentora doesnt want me to? I know that Sentora installs bind, but when I go to configure it, it doesn't operate. Maybe CentOS7 is different. Maybe I will change back to 6.5 Final. I can't enter Sentora via the web because of the domain name having no dns resolver to get there, so I manually configure them, do a 'systemctl restart named", but still no go.

Anyone know?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[HOW-TO]How Install Ioncube Sentora Cantalupo 11 43 ,570 09-17-2018, 06:10 PM
Last Post: itzdaniel483
[How-To] Install Redmine/Passenger/GIT/Subversion james30263 7 27 ,183 09-13-2018, 02:16 PM
Last Post: james30263
Install CSF Firewall Me.B 22 64 ,810 02-04-2018, 05:52 AM
Last Post: CMs222