This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Set up mail
Set up mail
Hello.

It seems that one of my clients is using the mail function incorrectly, since my dealer has disconnected me my VPS on several occasions by SPAM.

How do I limit the sending of emails per hour to each account?
Thanks given by:
RE: Set up mail
There is no solution for this, really?
Thanks given by:
Downoload a program called MailScanner. It can be a bit of a pain to set up, but it's very much worth it. If you need help with this, let me know and I'll try and help you out as I ran into a few snags myself getting it up and running.

Dpowwnload and Installation Instructions: http://xmodulo.com/mailscanner-clam-anti...entos.html

Be forewarned though, there is a lot of configuration to be done on it. It's a large file. It's documented well, though - I've never setup a mailserver on Linux before and was able to get through it after about a week of playing with it.

And yes, before you ask, it does work on outgoing e-mails as well. Wink
Thanks given by:
I'll try to install it.

But all of this has no function to be able to limit shipments not?
Thanks given by:
Everything went good, less the last process:

===
# MailScanner - lint
# MailScanner service start
# chkconfig MailScanner on
===

And now it's the IMAP and SMTP off  Sad
Thanks given by:
This advice was BAD as installing clamAV and spamassassin will mainly protect your users from spam. Not limit their sending. You needed policyD!

This is not officially supported and you need to have the knowledge to implement it.

Also you broke your mailserver with mailscanner.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I knew this not me valia for nothing. Not SPAM, I was concerned if not massive shipments of my clients.

How do I go back with everything I did?
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 05:40 AM)elsevi Wrote: I knew this not me valia for nothing. Not SPAM, I was concerned if not massive shipments of my clients.

How do I go back with everything I did?

In your case I would reinstall the system and sentora.
Make the needed backups and oyu should be up and running a fresh server very quickly.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 06:08 AM)apinto Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 05:40 AM)elsevi Wrote: Sabía que esto no me valia para nada. No SPAM, me preocupaba si no masivos envíos de mis clientes. ¿Cómo puedo volver con todo lo que hice?

En tu caso me gustaría volver a instalar el sistema y sentora.
Haz que las copias de seguridad necesarias y oyu debería estar en funcionamiento un servidor fresca muy rápidamente.

Do you can tell me as?
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 07:35 AM)elsevi Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 06:08 AM)apinto Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 05:40 AM)elsevi Wrote: Sabía que esto no me valia para nada. No SPAM, me preocupaba si no masivos envíos de mis clientes. ¿Cómo puedo volver con todo lo que hice?

En tu caso me gustaría volver a instalar el sistema y sentora.
Haz que las copias de seguridad necesarias y oyu debería estar en funcionamiento un servidor fresca muy rápidamente.

Do you can tell me as?

I said that you should install Sentora once again, a clean install.
But before, please make backups.
To do this the right way you need to install the operation system (CentOS) fresh and clean.

I'm not a native spanish speaker, I'll try to translate with the help of google.

Spanish:
Le dije que debe instalar Sentora una vez más , una instalación limpia .
Pero antes , por favor, hacer copias de seguridad .
Para hacerlo de esta manera el derecho que necesita para instalar el sistema operativo ( CentOS ) fresco y limpio.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
External mail client cannot connect to server iraqiboy90 2 6 ,248 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Postfix mail.log to database stikekar 2 7 ,240 03-02-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: TGates
E-mail quota limit danandrade 6 26 ,429 08-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Last Post: speeddemon786