This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Help to Block Spam (ingoing and forwarded)
Help to Block Spam (ingoing and forwarded)
Hi,
I'm currently using Ubuntu 14.04 with a stock Sentora installation. Everything is working fine and it is easy to use even in I'm not expert.
Now I'm facing a problem. I set up the mailboxes (+ many alias) for each domain and I'm redirecting everything to an external Gmail box.
My server provider (OVH / Kimsufi) is blocking my 25 smtp port since my server is detected to send spam, and it could be true since I'm receiving forwarding all the mails I'm receiving.

I would like to filter and discard the suspicious mail I receive on the server, before forwarding to Gmail.
What is the easier way? That doesn't require too much configuration?
I don't care about false positive (usually I don't receive important mail on these mailboxes) so I don't need an advanced spam filter.

Thank you
Thanks given by:
RE: Help to Block Spam (ingoing and forwarded)
I do have a similar setup as you, had a similar problem with Gmail.
Forwarding to Gmail is NOT EASY thing to do, you should vmake sure you do not forward too much spam or Gmail will block your server / domain (that is much worse than OVH blocking port 25).

As for a workaround, try to setup gmail to fetch via POP instead of forwarding, that should solve your issue.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
RE: Help to Block Spam (ingoing and forwarded)
Check Amavis, but honestly I'm not very experienced on setting up amavis / spamassassin.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sentora Email Setup - EMAIL DOESN'T GO TO SPAM james30263 0 3 ,136 09-15-2018, 01:20 PM
Last Post: james30263
Email not being forwarded rsthomas 7 15 ,807 10-15-2017, 08:31 PM
Last Post: zanga
Email not being forwarded rsthomas 3 8 ,386 09-30-2017, 10:15 AM
Last Post: rsthomas