This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Install on another drive
Install on another drive
Hi,

I have a dedicated server with a ssd for the OS and 500GB HDD for data, is it possible to install Sentora on my data drive (500GB)?

Is it possible to have sentora installed off my OS drive and have teh Web sites running from my 500GB HDD?

Having a server configuration like this is a regular thing these days.

If its possible to have sentora off the OS drive and web sites of teh DATA HDD can you do a guide for me please, I am not that hot with linux software.

Thank you in advance.
Thanks given by:
RE: Install on another drive
Sentora currently only installs to root drive. but you can put the web sites (hostdata folder) on another drive.

There are 2 ways to do this.

First is, before you add any domains at all, go to Module Admin >> Apache Config >> VHosts Directory and change it there. (Recommended)

Or, you can use a symlink to redirect /var/sentora/hostdata to the new location.

Me.B may also have other ideas on how to do this.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 01:39 AM)TGates Wrote: Sentora currently only installs to root drive. but you can put the web sites (hostdata folder) on another drive.

There are 2 ways to do this.

First is, before you add any domains at all, go to Module Admin >> Apache Config >> VHosts Directory and change it there. (Recommended)

Or, you can use a symlink to redirect /var/sentora/hostdata to the new location.

@[Me.B] may also have other ideas on how to do this.

I have changed the VHosts directory to /home/hostdata/ but its not creating the directories in the new hostdata.

I have ran the daemon, restarted apache only thing I can do now is to reboot the server.

any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, yes, try a complete reboot as many of the services use that folder and it may need to be reloaded everywhere.

Let me know what happens.

(I know this works right away on Windows, never tried on *nix servers.)

Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 02:23 AM)TGates Wrote: Hmmm, yes, try a complete reboot as many of the services use that folder and it may need to be reloaded everywhere.

Let me know what happens.

(I know this works right away on Windows, never tried on *nix servers.)

its still not working, tried to create a test domain and nothing appears in that folder so I dont know where it is putting it..
Thanks given by:
Is it still using the /var/sentora/hostdata by chance? I'm guessing that you did check there already Wink

Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 02:40 AM)TGates Wrote: Is it still using the /var/sentora/hostdata by chance? I'm guessing that you did check there already Wink

no it was not putting any folders etc in that directory or any others by the looks of it, but when I changed the VHost directory back to the original path it did then put directories back into the original folder (when I created test domains).
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 02:45 AM)liamgibbins Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 02:40 AM)TGates Wrote: Is it still using the /var/sentora/hostdata by chance? I'm guessing that you did check there already Wink

no it was not putting any folders etc in that directory or any others by the looks of it, but when I changed the VHost directory back to the original path it did then put directories back into the original folder (when I created test domains).

ah it works, I forgotten to adjust the permissions for that new directory so that sentora could create domains in it.

Thank you for your help...

maybe one for a FAQ or something on the site ..
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 02:58 AM)liamgibbins Wrote: maybe one for a FAQ or something on the site ..

Hmmm, like the one in our FAQs here: http://docs.sentora.org/index.php?node=94
(4th one down) LOL

Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 03:02 AM)TGates Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 02:58 AM)liamgibbins Wrote: maybe one for a FAQ or something on the site ..

Hmmm, like the one in our FAQs here: http://docs.sentora.org/index.php?node=94
(4th one down) LOL

lol 404 Sorry but the requested page could not be found!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
apt-get install mod_ssl ERROR CMs222 9 25 ,914 11-11-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zustudios
Install guide wget over http? edavidf 5 9 ,463 12-15-2020, 07:07 PM
Last Post: jibranahmed
SSL install breaks apache service EGOSKY123 1 3 ,938 10-28-2020, 12:12 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90