This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

daemon not running
daemon not running
Searched around can't seem to find another thread regarding to my problem so here i'm.

I did a fresh install on sentora on a new server and the daemon does not run it only shows.

Next Daemon Run:
04:25 30th Aug 2015 EDT
Last Daemon Run:
04:20 30th Aug 2015 EDT
Last Day Daemon Run:
Last Week Daemon Run:
Last Month Daemon Run:

None of the times have changed at all after installing none of them update even the next run don't update. If I hit queue for a full daemon run all times will reset and next daemon run will update to the corrent time + 5 mins for a daemon run. When it gets to the time to run all it just stays the same all other are blank and whatever time it set will stay on next daemon run even though the time has passed. Running the daemon via command line works fine and all times get updated but again when it gets time for the next daemon run nothing updates and times never change.

Should also note that if you make a domain it will stay pending unless run via command line for daemon run. So it's for sure not running unless I make it.
Thanks given by:
RE: daemon not running
You could try this -> http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...2#pid12002

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by: darkrisingx
Thanks, I thought about that being the issue myself but didn't wanna try until someone commented to confirm or point me somewhere.

Running "apt-get install cron" fixed the issue. I did review the install logs and seen no errors. I should also note that I was running ubuntu 14.04 minimal. Maybe should be a check in the installing to see if this is installed?

Reason I thought this was cause in the installer log it showed cron: unrecognized service which I thought it needed to be installed. There is no other issues that I can see in the logs besides that.
Thanks given by:
Any installation issues please raise github issues.

I'll check this package is being installed on all OSs now.
Thanks given by:
Fixed in the latest installer Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
unsuccessful in running sentora in a container sujith0602 6 11 ,635 08-02-2020, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Jettaman
Server load in daemon Process damanmokha 1 4 ,662 12-11-2018, 12:10 AM
Last Post: fearworks
Uninstalled but have cron daemon issues now HELP suprastan 1 4 ,839 10-07-2018, 03:26 AM
Last Post: TGates