This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Vhosts Directory Permissions for Yeoman
Vhosts Directory Permissions for Yeoman
Im have issues giving permissions for Yeoman to run in the vhosts directories. Always get access denied.

I tried sudo chmod -R 666 /var/zpanel/hostdata/ but now I broke http. Whats the default permissions on the directory?

How can I get Yeoman working for sites in my public_html?

http://yeoman.io/
Thanks given by:
RE: Vhosts Directory Permissions for Yeoman
Hello compsmith, welcome to the Sentora Forums.

Are you running Yeoman via SSH (most probably you are)?
If yes than you are most likely changing the HostData folder Owner to root (or the user you ran the command).

You will need to change the /var/sentora/hostdata/ (and all subdirectories) back to the apache user:
Code:
#CentOS
chown -R apache:apache /var/sentora/hostdata/
#Ubuntu
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/sentora/hostdata/

After that the permissions are:
- Files: 644 that means files are readable and writeable by the owner of the file and readable by everyone else.
- Directories: 755 is the same thing, it just has the execute bit set for everyone. The execute bit is needed to be able to change into the directory. This is why directories are commonly set to 755.

Regarding the VHosts Directory (/etc/sentora/configs/apache/) the same applies (644 for files and 755 for directories.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Take a look on this post: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=895
I think it could help you!
Thanks given by: apinto
(05-12-2015, 11:24 PM)tkramer Wrote: Take a look on this post: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=895
I think it could help you!
That was exactly what I told him to do Wink

(05-12-2015, 06:42 PM)apinto Wrote: ...

You will need to change the /var/sentora/hostdata/ (and all subdirectories) back to the apache user:
Code:
#CentOS
#Ubuntu

My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Code:
#CentOS

#Ubuntu

If the redirection into the hostdata directory, ok! That's right! Should work! ... But if for some folder inside "/ etc /" like webmail or other module, will not work, even giving permission! In this case, as Me.B guidelines, you must create a redirect via .htaccess. as described in the post. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(05-13-2015, 04:10 AM)tkramer Wrote:
Code:
#CentOS

#Ubuntu

If the redirection into the hostdata directory, ok! That's right! Should work! ... But if for some folder inside "/ etc /" like webmail or other module, will not work, even giving permission! In this case, as Me.B guidelines, you must create a redirect via .htaccess. as described in the post. Big Grin

I dont want to redirect the hostdata directory. I just want to be able to execute yo commands in the public_html directory.

Here is the error its thowing

Code:
[root@panel dev_XXXXXXX_com]# yo

/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:319
     if (this.strict) throw er
                            ^
Error: EACCES, permission denied '/var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/dev_XXXXXXXX_com/node_modules'
   at Object.fs.readdirSync (fs.js:666:18)
   at GlobSync._readdir (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:275:41)
   at GlobSync._processReaddir (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:135:22)
   at GlobSync._process (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:130:10)
   at new GlobSync (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:46:10)
   at Function.globSync [as sync] (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:24:10)
   at /usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/index.js:86:26
   at Array.reduce (native)
   at Function.module.exports.sync (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/index.js:85:34)
   at /usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/lib/resolver.js:71:22

I cant access anything past hostdata as root not any sudo users i created
Thanks given by:
(05-13-2015, 04:32 AM)compsmith Wrote:
(05-13-2015, 04:10 AM)tkramer Wrote:
Code:
#CentOS

#Ubuntu

I dont want to redirect the hostdata directory. I just want to be able to execute yo commands in the public_html directory.

Here is the error its thowing

Code:
[root@panel dev_XXXXXXX_com]# yo

/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:319
     if (this.strict) throw er
                            ^
Error: EACCES, permission denied '/var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/dev_XXXXXXXX_com/node_modules'
   at Object.fs.readdirSync (fs.js:666:18)
   at GlobSync._readdir (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:275:41)
   at GlobSync._processReaddir (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:135:22)
   at GlobSync._process (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:130:10)
   at new GlobSync (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:46:10)
   at Function.globSync [as sync] (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/node_modules/glob/sync.js:24:10)
   at /usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/index.js:86:26
   at Array.reduce (native)
   at Function.module.exports.sync (/usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/node_modules/globby/index.js:85:34)
   at /usr/lib/node_modules/yo/node_modules/yeoman-environment/lib/resolver.js:71:22

I cant access anything past hostdata as root not any sudo users i created

Hum, this seems a issue with npm and yo.

Check https://github.com/yeoman/yeoman/issues/1292
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to give the cliens file manager access to their respective domain directory vsvinit0 4 9 ,254 10-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Last Post: vsvinit0
Sentora open_basedir - how to set for specific directory sathish2009 6 15 ,730 05-02-2019, 07:35 AM
Last Post: TGates
what files edit /etc/sentora/configs/apache/httpd-vhosts.conf mungujakisa 11 24 ,741 08-21-2018, 10:11 AM
Last Post: TGates