This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Daily Cron Tab is Throwing Error during Webalizer run
Daily Cron Tab is Throwing Error during Webalizer run
My root user is receiving this email daily when the daily cron job runs. It seems it's due to an empty webalizer directory? This is a default install of sentora, any idea why this is happening or how to fix? thanks!

/etc/cron.daily/webalizer:
/etc/cron.daily/webalizer: 17: /etc/cron.daily/webalizer: Â continue: not found
awk: fatal: cannot open file `/etc/webalizer/*.conf' for reading (No such file or directory)
Thanks given by:
RE: Daily Cron Tab is Throwing Error during Webalizer run
I wanted to add more info to this in hopes of getting a response. Also I posted this on Serverfault (http://serverfault.com/questions/690741/...n-how-to-f) to reach a wider audience

So I have a newly installed server running Ubuntu 14.04 with the default install of Sentora the free open source control panel. I did not make any customisations to webalizer or cron. So I am unsure why this error is being thrown. Any ideas?

Here is the email I receive from the server to the root user's email address.

Subject: Cron <root@panel> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

Body:

/etc/cron.daily/webalizer:
/etc/cron.daily/webalizer: 17: /etc/cron.daily/webalizer: Â continue: not found
awk: fatal: cannot open file `/etc/webalizer/*.conf' for reading (No such file or directory)

The direcotry /etc/webalizer only has one file in it: webalizer.conf.sample. And searching the entire server for a file of webalizer.conf comes up with nothing. So is something misconfigured? Should I just remove this cron job or something? Any thoughts?
Thanks given by:
Hi guys, any update on this. It seems this may be an issue with how the system is installed. I did not touch any of the webalizer configurations, so I'm hoping someone from Sentora can tell me what I can/should do here. Should I just delete this cron job, is it unneeded?

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
yes you can deleted daily cron job if you want to stop sentora from all maintenance job like backup/creating websites/ BW collection... etc..

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Huh? I'm not talking about deleting all daily cron jobs, I'm referring to the webalizer job that is in the daily folder. It throws an error everytime it runs because it says there is no config file in the folder, which is true.

So can you clarify your answer, it doesn't seem to make sense to what I asked?

Also, since there is no webalizer config file, how is Sentora running Webalizer. It's definitely running as I can see the reports in Sentora, so I'm guessing the config is somewhere else and named something else by the Sentora install. Can you please tell me where this is, or as I asked, since Sentora is running Webalizer in it's own way, I assume it's safe to remove this daily cron job task webalizer??

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
can someone post default SENTORA webalizer conf? My config is also missing after reboot for mainterance and i dont have any stats since yesterday...
Thanks given by:
(06-25-2015, 06:08 PM)kostek Wrote: can someone post default SENTORA webalizer conf? My config is also missing after reboot for mainterance and i dont have any stats since yesterday...

Why conf have disappeared?
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I have the same problem with a fresh install of Sentora. There is no config present in /etc/webalizer

Edit: sorry for reactivating this old thread
Thanks given by:
No problem reactivating at all. I don't think we ever got an answer to this. Maybe someone from the dev team at Sentora has an update for us???

Thanks for posting, to show it's not just me experiencing this issue.

(04-14-2016, 05:52 PM)Lafunamor Wrote: I have the same problem with a fresh install of Sentora. There is no config present in /etc/webalizer

Edit: sorry for reactivating this old thread
Thanks given by:
So I wanted to post that I removed the webalizer file from the /etc/cron.daily/ folder to /home/root/ and left it in there for several months. Webalizer appears to have still been working and displaying the most recent two months of stats.

So I'm not sure what I am missing out by not having it in the etc/cron.daily folder. But would love to be able to put this back and NOT receive an error message daily.

Can someone from Sentora tell us if it's okay to remove this file from the /etc/cron.daily folder?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Repo update error hostingms 3 5 ,428 02-14-2024, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
apt-get install mod_ssl ERROR CMs222 9 25 ,715 11-11-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zustudios
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,162 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp