This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to update phpmyadmin
How to update phpmyadmin
I see there is a newer version of phpmyadmin I have tried to run update but it stays the same ? so how can we update phpmyadmin or is it something you guys do when you release an update ?
Thanks given by:
RE: How to update phpmyadmin
I have been using a phpmyadmin module that updates it automatically.
Once in a while you need to fix some config settings as they change them (It will show a notice box of the changes when logged into phpMyAdmin.)

First, make a backup of your /etc/sentora/etc/apps/phpmyadmin/ AND /etc/sentora/panel/modules/phpmyadmin/ just in case things go wrong!

Next, add my repo if you do not already have it:
Code:
zppy repo add zppy-repo.mach-hosting.com
Update the package list:
Code:
zppy update
zppy remove phpmyadmin
zppy install phpmyadmin

This updated module should update your phpmyadmin module to latest version at midnight.
Has been working flawlessly for me on Windows and I have made some tweaks to remove unneeded files and folders to help secure it.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: Cantalupo
(05-08-2015, 12:50 AM)I ran the following commands and for me not worked. Continue with the version 4.0.10.1... Wrote: Next, add my repo if you do not already have it:

Code:
zppy repo add zppy-repo.mach-hosting.com
Update the package list:

Code:
zppy update
zppy remove phpmyadmin
zppy install phpmyadmin
Thanks given by:
Confused  It relies on the daemon run. Be patient. It will up date it.

If it doesn't, make sure that your cron service is running.

Thanks given by:
I want to install the previous version back. How?
I think this autoupdater is constantly removing all of the phpmyadmin files located at /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/phpmyadmin/ leaving only the conf file there and strips it from being a symbolic link

p.s. I manually updated phpmyadmin to the latest version.
p.s.s. I tried running
Code:
php /etc/sentora/panel/modules/phpmyadmin/hooks/OnDaemonDay.hook.php
and I'm getting this:
Quote:PHP Fatal error: Class 'fs_filehandler' not found in /etc/sentora/panel/modules/phpmyadmin/hooks/OnDaemonDay.hook.php on line 83
Thanks given by:
I am planning on eventually updating the auto-update phpmyadmin module to include a backup. When? No idea Confused  What I have been doing lately is make a backup of the phpmyadmin folder monthly so if there is any error I have a copy Wink

Thanks given by:
I want to rollback, how?
Again, the content of this folder is getting removed every day
/etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/phpmyadmin/
Thanks given by:
I think phpmyadmin changed their download system/repository. If you want to use the original phpmyadmin module you will need to get the files from our github and replace them inside the sentora/modules/phpmyadmin folder.

Thanks given by:
(07-25-2015, 12:09 PM)TGates Wrote: I think phpmyadmin changed their download system/repository. If you want to use the original phpmyadmin module you will need to get the files from our github and replace them inside the sentora/modules/phpmyadmin folder.

yeah, i already did that, but didnt reply yet because i wanted to confirm if the rollback fixed the problem or not, but i can now say that it's fixed because probably the daily daemon the new module has is gone which usually runs at around 18:15 for me.

removed phpmyadmin module
zppy remove phpmyadmin

took the original phpmyadmin module that is applied by sentora install (located at github)
placed it in the module folder.
changed the permissions of the folder and its content to 777

found the .sql sentora install uses, so i can determine the missing mysql entries.

and... done.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Repo update error hostingms 3 5 ,505 02-14-2024, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
[split] Can Not Log Into PHPMyAdmin or Webmail after upgrading to PHP 7.1.24 ogika 2 4 ,315 09-14-2021, 06:25 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Upgrading phpmyadmin testing 0 2 ,116 07-04-2020, 05:26 AM
Last Post: testing