This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora 1.0.0 RC2 released!
RE: Sentora 1.0.0 RC2 released!
Zpanel latest had no security issues! Otherwise we would released a quick fix!

We won't offer ANY UPGRADE from beta or even from RC2 to release. Such releases are intended for testing. This is not a new policy!

We only would offer upgrade for stable releases & for zpanel users too ( using latest stable!).

If you wish then check all github change log to track what changes from beta to rc2 to release and then apply them manually. It's beyond what we can manage and require a lot of work.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(01-29-2015, 08:36 AM)Me.B Wrote: Zpanel latest had no security issues! Otherwise we would released a quick fix!

We won't offer ANY UPGRADE from beta or even from RC2 to release. Such releases are intended for testing. This is not a new policy!

We only would offer upgrade for stable releases & for zpanel users too ( using latest stable!).

If you wish then check all github change log to track what changes from beta to rc2 to release and then apply them manually. It's beyond what we can manage and require a lot of work.

M B
No problem, it makes sense. Yeah I had reviewed the sections of code that they "cited" as being insecure and they had all been rewritten to be secure from what I saw, however I'm not an expert in that type of code. I'm looking forward to the release Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-29-2015, 04:50 AM)Me.B Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 03:09 AM)TheVP Wrote: How can we manually update a beta to this version?

We don't intend to provide an upgrade from beta. Notice you could replace /etc/sentora/panel code with core new updated code & take care to save you config.

M B

So what do I have to do?
Backup /var/sentora/hostdata and /var/lib/mysql?

Did you do any SQL changes? Will things break if I restore my old sentora database? I'm not asking for an upgrade script, I'm asking how I can manually upgrade or what changes you did.

Also, what configs are you speaking of?

The bottom line is, what do I have to backup in order to restore the previous state of the system?
That seems like a reasonable amount of information to give instead of writing an upgrade script.
Thanks given by:
(01-29-2015, 08:36 AM)Me.B Wrote: We won't offer ANY UPGRADE from beta or even from RC2 to release.

Hello Smile
This topic (your last announce) talk about RC release, the download page talk about "stable release" and the Sentora homepage talk about version 0.0.0.

I want to wait the 1.0 stable release to reinstall my server, use Sentora in a production environnement and enjoy the (futur) upgrades.

I just want to be sure to don't misunderstand which is the ultimate 1.0 stable version, because of english is not my native language.

Thank you for more information.
Thanks given by:
Hi beenico,

None of them are the 'stable' releaese yet, I hope to release the stable release this weekend but the other places you talk of at the moment eg. 0.0.0 and the download page, they are just temporary places and will be updated with the official release very shortly.

So to summarize, the latest RC release is on my original post in this thread. You simply ignore the downloads page and homepage version number for now.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Bobby
Follow me on Twitter or find out more about me  at bobbyallen.me
Thanks given by: Cantalupo
Hi Smile

I have RC1 can I update it adn how do I do this. Thx. Smile

Ole
Server OS:Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Apache Version:2.4.7
PHP Version:5.5.9-1ubuntu4.5
MySQL Version:5.5.40-0ubuntu0.14.04.1
Sentora Version:1.0.0
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 05:40 AM)olevangen Wrote: Hi Smile

I have RC1 can I update it adn how do I do this. Thx. Smile

Ole

(01-29-2015, 08:36 AM)Me.B Wrote: We won't offer ANY UPGRADE from beta or even from RC2 to release. Such releases are intended for testing. This is not a new policy!
Thanks given by:
We took care to tag each installer/ core in beta.

So if you want to upgrade it will require some work & sorting out what got updated.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(01-31-2015, 11:11 PM)ballen Wrote: I hope to release the stable release this weekend.

Yes !!! Smile http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=953

Thanks a lot !
Thanks given by:
You're welcome!! Big Grin
Follow me on Twitter or find out more about me  at bobbyallen.me
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sentora v2.0.2 SitRep TGates 2 926 03-16-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora for Developers TGates 0 876 02-12-2024, 12:10 PM
EOL Sentora v1.x.x and ZPanel No Longer Supported TGates 0 563 01-24-2024, 12:03 PM