This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Error Renewing SSL
RE: Error Renewing SSL
(08-01-2017, 01:36 AM)TGates Wrote: Using that method, you need to stop apache first, then do the renewal and then restart apache. (Uses same port for checking the certificates as Apache uses.)

About the insecure warning, apparently you did not read it Tongue
There are some images or parts of your site that you link to that are not using SSL.
Basically, you need to make sure everything on your site is located within your https domain.

Thanks TGates for your reply on this thread! I came across the same problem when my let's encrypt cert expired for the first time. All that was needed was to add the stop and start commands for apache. However, I have a question, is there another way to do this without stopping and restarting the Apache server? I run this check every week for all the certs on my site and I would prefer to not have my apache server go down, even if for only a few seconds each week, if there is an alternative solution. Could you please advise if there is another solution?

My script prior to seeing this thread (which resulted in the error message of (Attempting to renew cert (websitename.com) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/websitename.com.conf produced an unexpected error: Problem binding to port 443: Could not bind to IPv4 or IPv6.. Skipping):

#!/bin/bash
# run letsencrypt certificate renew function
letsencrypt-auto renew

My updated script:

#!/bin/bash
# run letsencrypt certificate renew function
/etc/init.d/apache2 stop
letsencrypt-auto renew
/etc/init.d/apache2 start
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Error Renewing SSL - by rsthomas - 08-01-2017, 12:17 AM