This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SSL (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
SSL (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
I think I royally messed up trying to set up letsencrypt and ssl on my server. I was able to enable mod_ssl and install letsencrypt. However, I didn't follow the Sentora instructions for obtaining a certificate -- I followed the instructions provided by letsencrypt using --apache instead of --standalone. Of course it didn't work. So THEN I went back to the Sentora documentation and tried to follow those instructions. I revoked the existing certificate and then reissued using cert-only --standalone. However it asked if I wanted to use the existing cert or revoke/renew or something like that so I chose the renew. Then I carefully followed all the instructions provided in the documentation.

Now NONE of my sites on the server work and neither will the Sentora panel. If I try http://larlee.uniquelyyourshosting.biz I get the following message:
Code:
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.
Apache Server at larlee.uniquelyyourshosting.biz Port 443

But if I try https://larlee.uniquelyyourshosting.biz, I get the following:

Code:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to larlee.uniquelyyourshosting.biz. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
   Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I am going to have a VERY upset client if I can't fix this! Port 443 is open. What have I done wrong and how can I fix this?  I need to secure the server only and allow domains to work with http. Later, I may add SSL for specific domains, but not now.

Thank you!!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
SSL (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long) - by HeatherFeuer - 03-10-2016, 12:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Repo update error hostingms 3 5 ,585 02-14-2024, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
apt-get install mod_ssl ERROR CMs222 9 25 ,997 11-11-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zustudios
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,205 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp