This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

CRON not executing
CRON not executing
hi, trying to execute cron but its not being run.
For a test page sends email when its being accessed, when accessed manually page sends email just fine.

My configuration: api_deliverymark_com/api/cron/index.php
Per note 1: /var/sentora/hostdata/1874mark/public_html/

Job ste to run every min

nothing happens.

I look at cron log and here is what i see:

Code:
Dec 22 19:54:01 ny05 CROND[30752]: (apache) CMD (php -d suhosin.executor.func.blacklist="passthru, show_source, shell_exec, system, pcntl_exec, popen, pclose, proc_open, proc_nice, proc_terminate, proc_get_status, proc_close, leak, apache_child_terminate, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setpgid, posix_setsid, posix_setuid, escapeshellcmd, escapeshellarg, exec" -d open_basedir="/var/sentora/hostdata/1874mark/:/var/sentora/temp/" /var/sentora/hostdata/1874mark/public_html/api_deliverymark_com/api/cron/index.php)

I have no idea what the 1st parts is but i see request is handled by PHP parser and path seams to be correct. yet nothing happens.

I would use WGET as alernative but UI limits me to spesify direct path only.

Any help?

tnx!
Thanks given by:
RE: CRON not executing
Did the script require extended permissions? Like exec function or suhosin disabled?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Correct
Code:
/api_deliverymark_com/api/cron/index.php
Thanks given by:
(12-23-2014, 05:07 PM)Me.B Wrote: Did the script require extended permissions? Like exec function or suhosin disabled?

Not that i know of, its regular PHP  page on the site. So as long as its run by Apache or PHP them it would execute just fine. One thing that comes to mind is that i uploaded the page via SSH with root account, so owner is root. Maybe I can try to change owner to Apache

(12-23-2014, 06:58 PM)Cantalupo Wrote: Correct
Code:
/api_deliverymark_com/api/cron/index.php

I dont think leading slash is appropriate, i tried both and both did not work, but when i use leading slash i get // in log, so i removed it to have proper path in logs. In both cases single and double slash should work in linux.
Thanks given by:
just changed owner and group to apache:apache
with 0774 permissions but still no luck Sad
Thanks given by:
oh wait.... with delay of 3 min something started to come in Smile))) yay !
well came in once and not more. hm
Thanks given by:
Owner should be apache:apache as the cron job execute under that user. Why would have another owner? Did you upload using SSH or FTP account?

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
SSH upload... (read his posts silly! Tongue)

One thing to remember for the future: Always use an FTP account associated with the user's account for proper permissions. (not SSH) Wink

Try this:
Edit the crontrab file manually and test by removing the restrictions. If it works, you will know it uses a restricted function Wink

Code:
php -d suhosin.executor.func.blacklist="passthru, show_source, shell_exec, system, pcntl_exec, popen, pclose, proc_open, proc_nice, proc_terminate, proc_get_status, proc_close, leak, apache_child_terminate, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setpgid, posix_setsid, posix_setuid, escapeshellcmd, escapeshellarg, exec" -d open_basedir="/var/sentora/hostdata/1874mark/:/var/sentora/temp/" /var/sentora/hostdata/1874mark/public_html/api_deliverymark_com/api/cron/index.php
try:
Code:
php /var/sentora/hostdata/1874mark/public_html/api_deliverymark_com/api/cron/index.php
If it is your own site and not a customer's, you may be able to leave the restrictions removed.
Go to Module Admin>Apache Admin>Override A Virtual Host Setting>api.deliverymark.com>Un-check Suhosin Enabled and OpenBase Enabled and SAVE - Wait for daemon to run.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Yep I was focused on first report & this explains the issue. Cron run under apache user & ssh will upload files with root owner that would prevent cron from executing.

Not a bug. Regular FTP would fix the issue as Tom said or if you use SSH always change back owner.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
TGates and Me.B - tnx! I already changed precisions to Apache:Apache will try editing cron and see what happens. if it works will try to remove restrictions. Site is my client site but they don't use server
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Uninstalled but have cron daemon issues now HELP suprastan 1 4 ,791 10-07-2018, 03:26 AM
Last Post: TGates
Cron Job Issue: Error: System Cron file could not be created. nscloud 6 14 ,079 07-04-2018, 02:32 AM
Last Post: TGates
All time problems with Cron franmm25 6 11 ,977 07-03-2018, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Me.B