This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

fresh install = not working email :(
fresh install = not working email :(
Hi Smile

I make a fresh install of ubuntu server 14.04 on VPS.
I install Sentora , by the way look really good but MAIL SERVER not working by default !?...

I go on sentora and create domain, after that I create email,
but when I test it with mailtester.com = Unknown response from mail server

thanks in advance for your help Wink

nicK
Thanks given by:
RE: fresh install = not working email :(
Postfix is running? What says maillog (/var/log/maillog)?
Thanks given by:
(11-13-2014, 05:08 AM)Castey Wrote: Postfix is running? What says maillog (/var/log/maillog)?

I try my email address with : MAILTESTER.COM    (normally it's work well)
Nov 12 13:14:47 cpanel postfix/smtpd[1821]: warning: hostname wsl00223_static.digicelbroadband.com does not resolve to address 66.54.117.223
Nov 12 13:14:47 cpanel postfix/smtpd[1821]: connect from unknown[66.54.117.223]
Nov 12 13:14:47 cpanel postfix/smtpd[1821]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[66.54.117.223]: 450 4.1.1 <www-data@mydomain.com>: Recipient address rej$
Nov 12 13:14:47 cpanel postfix/smtpd[1821]: disconnect from unknown[66.54.117.223]

thanks Smile

nicK
Thanks given by:
If that is your mail log, you have something else installed: cpanel postfix/smtpd <= should not say cpanel....

You may need to re-install the OS minimal and then reinstall Sentora Beta.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Looks like you are testing sentora from home DSL link & this cause a lot of issues.

DSL broadband may have some SMTP blocking & you need also to foward the incoming 25 port to your virtual machine or such.

Please provide more infos about your current setup & what you are trying to do? Sending outside or incoming email?
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(11-13-2014, 07:13 AM)Me.B Wrote: Looks like you are testing sentora from home DSL link & this cause a lot of issues.

DSL broadband may have some SMTP blocking & you need also to foward the incoming 25 port to your virtual machine or such.

Please provide more infos about your current setup & what you are trying to do? Sending outside or incoming email?

No no I install that on VPS digitalocean all other control panel work well but many have security trouble Sad
This is why I test SENTORA

thanks

nicK
Thanks given by:
Since you are just getting setup, I would suggest re-initializing the VPS with a minimal OS and try the installation again. It is usually easier this way than to try and source it out.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
But sentora is still beta? It should be used only for testing & validating.

We will try our best for releasing it.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I am using ubuntu 14:04 LST, and is 100% !! Better than zpanel.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,768 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 29 ,169 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
Cannot reuse previously deleted email address rsthomas 16 37 ,514 09-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: prasanna8519