This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Centos 7 & Sentora Beta
Centos 7 & Sentora Beta
So just fired up a VPS with Centos 7 for test and these are the problems i saw (setup goes very fast i must say)

1. Both domains are supposed to be already defined in your domain provider DNS.
- the MAIN domain with an "A" (or "AAAA") record pointing to PUBLIC-IP,
- the sub domain with "CNAME" record pointing to same IP (usualy aliased as "@").
/dev/fd/63: line 156: ifconfig: command not found

2.In the install procedure it detect my ip address but it thinks its not my IP (but i did proceed anyway) the detected IP is really true Smile

3. Some error with my named server, maybe something to do with DNS setting by my provider, i didnt make any changes in the dns for this ip address because it is a test VPS

4. Its installs MariaDB instead of Mysql i think its ok, that is standard with Centos 7

5.Erorr at end:
Restarting named
Job for named.service failed. See 'systemctl status named.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

As said overall test seems ok onlt that bind thing give problems

Sentora Team good work !!
Thanks given by:
RE: Centos 7 & Sentora Beta
Bind error had been patched.

Which installer are you using?
Thanks given by:
i used the latest, one i had from you
Thanks given by:
Sent you an updated release.

Bind IP issue resolved. We fixed more bugs.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
DNS seems solvedf yes Smile

But there was an another error:
warning: %post(dovecot-1:2.2.10-4.el7_0.1.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package 1:dovecot-2.2.10-4.el7_0.1.x86_64
Thanks given by:
Thanks will check it but dovecot works no?

install failed?

Tested again no such issue. Seem you got a package corrupted. Are you running a vps? Custom install?
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Fresh install on a Centos 7 VPS (minimal install)
All the services are green, i assume that dovecot works (not checked)
Install goes without problems (only that what i said before)
Thanks given by:
(10-27-2014, 10:24 PM)Active8 Wrote: Fresh install on a Centos 7 VPS (minimal install)
All the services are green, i assume that dovecot works (not checked)
Install goes without problems (only that what i said before)

I only joined so I could respond to this, in case others looks for similar solutions.

You need to install the selinux-policy page to install Dovecot and not receive that error. The downside of this is that selinux will be configured as "enforcing". After install you need to edit /etc/selinux/config and change "enforcing" to "disabled".

This will stop this and other packages that don't check for the existence of selinux before trying to execute commands against it.

To give credit:
Solution was found in this thread which suggested an updated selinux-policy was required.

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/questio...yumdnfrpm/
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,065 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,187 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,626 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel