This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to setup secondary name server
RE: How to setup secondary name server
(02-08-2015, 09:57 AM)rafaht Wrote: In some VPS providers, have a resource named "virtual private network". Isn't better use this network to transfer data from master to slave? I think that doesn't use bandwidth quota.

VPS private network is usually intra-machine, so not public & seen more secure. For BW counting you should ask your ISP but DNS sync would not use that much BW & don't forget it's done over SSH so it's "secure" (unless the NSA tap it ;-) ).

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2015, 11:26 AM)paknet Wrote: Here’s how we do DNS master slave auto replication… or better… slave —> master pull replication

Overview
This is brilliant. A dns replication option would be great... i was in the process of writing this when i found this forum entry.

Would this need any modification for zpanel 10.1.1?

I have already updated the the first script to use /etc/zpanel instead of /etc/sentora/.
Thanks given by:
for anyone using a non standard ssh port...

on my centos 6.5 i had to make one small change to make this work because i have ssh listening on a non-standard port.

in the named-fetch-slave-zones.sh i had to change
/usr/bin/rsync -e ssh root@MASTER-SERVER-IP:/root/named_slave_zones_transfer/named.conf.slave.zones .
to...
/usr/bin/rsync -e "ssh -p ####" root@MASTER-SERVER-IP:/root/named_slave_zones_transfer/named.conf.slave.zones .
Thanks given by:
Can this guide that Parknet create go to the wiki?
Thanks given by:
Know this could be a bit obvious, but why not ask your provider to give you a secondary ip address on the sentora machine? I find that most of the times DNS providers have to have 2 ip addresses this way you could use eg: ns1.sentoramachine.local and ns2.sentoramachine.local each of these A records would point to a different ip.
Rudimentary solution but it could be useful if you don't have the real need to set up another server to serve dns queries.

Just a thought....
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2015, 03:11 AM)jcvieira Wrote: Know this could be a bit obvious, but why not ask your provider to give you a secondary ip address on the sentora machine? I find that most of the times DNS providers have to have 2 ip addresses this way you could use eg: ns1.sentoramachine.local and ns2.sentoramachine.local each of these A records would point to a different ip.
Rudimentary solution but it could be useful if you don't have the real need to set up another server to serve dns queries.

Just a thought....

It's flawed by design. As we use 2 different NS to avoid having a point of failure in this case a single dns backend. This is why I always advice to use cloudflare DNS or registrar DNS instead of building a setup on only one machine ( unless you have 2 different servers).

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Guys, I keep getting this error while trying to sync my NS2. Followed the guide in this thread. Any ideas?

named[6202]: transfer of '[domain.tld]/IN' from [server-ip]Cool site...: failed while receiving responses: REFUSED
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ubuntu: How to setup TLS on postfix and dovecot Diablo925 28 107 ,115 02-15-2018, 08:46 PM
Last Post: duane
[How-To] Install the perfect Sentora server using CentOS 7 betatester3.0 0 6 ,322 10-18-2017, 12:55 AM
Last Post: betatester3.0
Centos 7 : Setup Spamassassin Untouchable 8 53 ,222 03-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Last Post: chongma