This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Main web site working fine, but others not.
RE: Main web site working fine, but others not.
Well, thanks for help but i removed it. I dont wanna get cancer. Its just like vesta, buggy & incomplete.

Edit: Its still there. I cant even remove it. It invaded my VDS..
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2018, 03:09 AM)VictoryAndGlory Wrote: Well, thanks for help but i removed it. I dont wanna get cancer. Its just like vesta, buggy & incomplete.

Edit: Its still there. I cant even remove it. It invaded my VDS..

Like Vesta? Improper installation and lack of knowledge does not make Sentora 'buggy & incomplete'.

I can tell right off you did not install lit properly just by the fact you access your panel using the non-www version of your main domain. (FYI: domain.com AND www.domain.com should show the same site.) Sentora's installation instructions and the installer itself ask you to install it on a sub domain. (ie: panel.domain.com). This alone will cause many issues during installation.
The instructions also note that there can not be any hosting services already installed on the server (apache/php, mysql, bind, postfix, proftpd, etc.).

I suggest you back up your sites and database and start fresh (which is the only way to fix things now).

Install a fresh MINIMAL copy of Ubuntu 14.04 with no GUI. (As I know there is a bug with CentOS 7 with one of the services during installation.)

Set up a CNAME record in GoDaddy for you panel login like panel.domain.com or sentora.domain.com and make sure it points to your server IP.

Continue with the installation following ALL questions properly.

Those failed login attempts you showed me in the PM have nothing to do with Sentora! They are hackers trying to get control of your VPS because you have that setup incorrectly. You should be using 'keys' to log into SSH and not the standard username/password combo.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: VictoryAndGlory
(03-22-2018, 08:42 AM)TGates Wrote: Like Vesta? Improper installation and lack of knowledge does not make Sentora 'buggy & incomplete'.

I can tell right off you did not install lit properly just by the fact you access your panel using the non-www version of your main domain. (FYI: domain.com AND www.domain.com should show the same  site.) Sentora's installation instructions and the installer itself ask you to install it on a sub domain. (ie: panel.domain.com). This alone will cause many issues during installation.
The instructions also note that there can not be any hosting services already installed on the server (apache/php, mysql, bind, postfix, proftpd, etc.).

I suggest you back up your sites and database and start fresh (which is the only way to fix things now).

Install a fresh MINIMAL copy of Ubuntu 14.04 with no GUI. (As I know there is a bug with CentOS 7 with one of the services during installation.)

Set up a CNAME record in GoDaddy for you panel login like panel.domain.com or sentora.domain.com and make sure it points to your server IP.

Continue with the installation following ALL questions properly.

Those failed login attempts you showed me in the PM have nothing to do with Sentora! They are hackers trying to get control of your VPS because you have that setup incorrectly. You should be using 'keys' to log into SSH and not the standard username/password combo.

Hmm actually you are right. And I really liked the project and it is the best from other alternatives which it is free I dont expect it to be perfect. I'm just tired. As you said I'm lack of knowledge and I should make more research before acting.

I thought installing sentora to non-www version is not wrong (according to installer), I just followed the instructions. It said it is going to install sentora to domain not a sub-domain. Asked me if its ok. I said yeah sure no problem mate. And installer did his job(partly, it didnt install proftpd). It didnt warn me like "if you dont install sentora to a subdomain our fate will bound and only death will seperate us(with a chilling voice)".

And you are right about it. It doesnt work fine with centos7.

And from your last paragraph, I realised my VDS providers also lack of knowledge. Because I didn't setup it.

As final, i will install sentora on ubuntu in my computer to test it as you suggested, and I will follow your instructions about GoDaddy.
Thanks given by:
Good luck, it should go just fine with Ubuntu 14.04 minimal.

You should be nice and fresh when trying to install a full web server Wink  Questions do get over looked LOL

Code from the installer:

Quote:read -e -p "Enter the sub-domain you want to access Sentora panel: " -i "$PANEL_FQDN" PANEL_FQDN

Tongue
If you need help with setting up the main domain with GoDaddy, I can help as I also use them.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Only working 1 subdomain pedrowilson 3 7 ,032 11-12-2021, 04:59 AM
Last Post: 5050
Subdomain Not working PLZ HELP rajeevrrs 5 18 ,789 03-14-2020, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TGates
Server at home registered with GoDaddy not working Mustang351cca 3 9 ,638 02-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Last Post: TGates