This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Excessive disk usage
RE: Excessive disk usage
(10-31-2017, 04:45 PM)gozfly Wrote: Check what snippet of your code is generating the whole logs in your server and fix it, is the first step for solve the problem definitely.

[31/Oct/2017:07:44:15 -0400] 103.xx.xxx.2xx TLSv1.2 ECsffHE-RSA-AE%^3-GCM-SHA256 "POST /myfile.php HTTP/1.1" 5667

Most of my file system is generating error like such. it's in ssl request log. Every log comes from same file but i m unable to see whats causing it.
Thanks given by:
RE: Excessive disk usage
(10-28-2017, 07:08 PM)TGates Wrote: Check your log folder...
/var/logs/
/var/sentora/logs/
/var/sentora/logs/domains/

I run my own server (Ubuntu 14,04)

TGates, thanks for the tip regarding the location of log files I didn't know about. After more than a year on Sentora, hosting 17 sites on 80 GB, available space was almost 0%. I just cleaned house and rebooted the server (on DreamCompute by Dream Host). Disk space used is now down to only 8%!! It's too bad the log files don't automatically get purged after a certain time or size.

--------------
Meanwhile, I see you host your own server. Didn't you have to spend a lot of money to buy a block of static IP addresses, as well as a very highspeed internet service? Would you mind sharing more detailed information about your system, including where you purchased the IP Address(es) from? Thanks.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Disk Quota Issues JSmith 5 12 ,679 11-16-2018, 12:39 AM
Last Post: nibaldo
Sentora daemon high memory usage angelorocha 9 17 ,669 12-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Last Post: angelorocha
Critical Error: [0100] Sentora database DISK SPACE FULL shimantoneer 1 5 ,718 02-24-2017, 01:01 AM
Last Post: TGates