This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Roundcube SMTP 451 temporary lookup failure
Roundcube SMTP 451 temporary lookup failure
Hello guys, i have fresh install of sentora.
I configured all settings as on my old server. But when i login to roundcube and try to send email, the windows is saying Error SMTP (451): Cant add recepient "test@stacknet.eu" (4.3.0 <test@stacknet.eu>: Temporary lookup failure)

I dont know where is problem. Passwords to mysql is OK, connection to SMTP server looks ok....

I tried to connect to SMPT server via putty (telnet 25) and when i want manualy send email via console, the server is saying some error.

I think probably DNS? Routes? What do you think?
Thanks given by:
RE: Roundcube SMTP 451 temporary lookup failure
According to intoDNS, you do not have MX records for the domain: https://intodns.com/stacknet.eu
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
I dont know how is it possible, im using cloudflare and there is two mx records configured.. i modified it and try to wait for update...

BUT: even i technicaly dont have configured mx records for my domain, i must be able to send email to gmail or to other server right?

MX records is for incoming mails right?
Thanks given by:
Yes, MX if for incoming mail.

Your post on serverfault needs to be edited! It is showing your roundcube DB password!! Along with some other information that should remain hidden!

Thanks given by:
Thank for you for your attention. But it does not matter, after I fix this issue i will reinstall the whole server. First i must understand what is making this error, because this is clean instalation too...

As you writed MX is for incoming mails: I have problem with both, when i try to send email from gmail to my server the server responds in mail
451 4.3.0 <jakub@stacknet.eu>: Temporary lookup failure

When i try to send email from my server to gmail or somewhere else the roundcube cant send because is saying some error.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure how Cloudflare works.. I use an SMTP relayer to send mail (mailjet.com) and my own DNS in Sentora.
Me.B may be able to help you with that.

Thanks given by:
https://intodns.com/stacknet.eu

see the red part you didn't setup any MX for that domain. So you need to setup MX entries that point to a CNAME DNS entry resolving to server IP.

Example
MX point to mail.stacknet.eu
and mail.stacknet.eu A record type and resolves to server ip.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to upgrade RoundCube rajeevrrs 0 1 ,727 11-01-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post: rajeevrrs
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 28 ,981 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
How to add password reset option in roundcube hakunamatata 15 62 ,717 02-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Last Post: republicus