This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Postfix mysql connection
Postfix mysql connection
Hi guys, i have little problem.
A few months ago i started using Sentora on my VPS for my web´s.
I was using 3rd mail client which is not stored on my server but there is a few limitations for me.

Then i decided to run my own mail client (roudcube) which is installed in sentora.
When i was installing a made same mistake with postfix cofiguration and now:
1. i can create a mailbox
2. i can login to roundcube with mailbox
3. but i cant send or recieve mail :Sad    ( 250 - SMTP Login Error)

I was looking for some fix-solution i found a problem with:
The postfix see my unix users but cant see users in mysql database - (sentora_postfix)
Any idea how to fix this problem?
I cant reinstall sentora, because there is a hundred visittors at real-time, and plenty of running web services.

Probably the best solution is find postfix mysql configuration file, but i spend hours and cant find it Sad...
Thanks given by:
RE: Postfix mysql connection
Sentora does not use Unix users, therefore the configuration is set to use a custom config that uses a database for users/mailboxes. 

Postfix configs (Ubuntu): /etc/sentora/configs/postfix and /etc/postfix
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
I know what you mean, and i know it! But let me explain simple situation:
I register a new mailbox in sentora
I open webamail which ich roundcube and login to my created mailbox
Everything is ok but when i want to recieve or send email the error window is saying 250 SMTP login error

This problem happend because roundcube is trying to send email via postfix email server but cant auth in this server..

Postfix dont have user list which created sentora. And then cant auth incomming sendmail request.
Thanks given by:
There is a lot on Google about this common issue: Google: roundcube postfix 250 SMTP login error

This may help: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/artic...ion-failed
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Finaly i found the solution: I´ve deleted %u and %p tags from roundcube config and enabled insecure plaintext auth (in postfix)...

For little moment roundcube send my mail withour errors but when i logged out and tryied to log in the login screen is saying IMAP server login error.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
user: 'postfix' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets) cezars 0 2 ,411 02-01-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: cezars
Postfix mail.log to database stikekar 2 7 ,136 03-02-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: TGates
Using ssl certificate for Postfix and Dovecot in multiple domains. davi-dns 9 33 ,240 12-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Last Post: fearworks