This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

thunderbird failed to find settings for your email account
Hello

we have just setup sentora on our dedi-server using CentOS 7.2 64-bit as its OS, we then created a mailbox on the server, it works fine through its online client, But when we try to access the email using mozilla thinderbird, we get the following error:

we tried both "IMAP/POP3" and the posts are set o be auto, so are "SSL" and "authentication".

we are behind cloudflare,so i added new CNAME records for Mail and SMTP pointing towards our domain name. but still it does not work.

this is a screenshot of our thunderbird settings,

can anyone help please?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
RE: thunderbird failed to find settings for your email account
CNAME must point to an URL not behind cloudflare (grayed).

Don't set settings to auto detect but use manual.

NO SSL and port 25 for SMTP
Port 110 for POP3
Port 145 for IMAP4

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: thunderbird failed to find settings for your email account
(01-21-2017, 12:59 AM)Me.B Wrote: CNAME must point to an URL not behind cloudflare (grayed).

Don't set settings to auto detect but use manual.

NO SSL and port 25 for SMTP
Port 110 for POP3
Port 145 for IMAP4

M B

thank you! I did what you said, and now thunderbird recognizes the configuration, But says : configuration could not be verified - is the username and password correct?   i am sure the user & pass are correct.

this is a screenshot of thunderbird and cloudflare DNS:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,676 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 28 ,971 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
Cannot reuse previously deleted email address rsthomas 16 37 ,113 09-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: prasanna8519