This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora and php 5.4 or 5.5
RE: Sentora and php 5.4 or 5.5
Hi All,

I have been having the same problem, using the bash script asking for a FQDN, but not accepting mine. If I use the Hostname -f it shows my Hostname host.mydom.xyz but the script  can not find and will not accept it being put in manually.
I have tried Me.B new script but like the other chap said it starts Loading MYSQL then asking for the Mysql  password. Which you do not know. This is on Ubuntu 14.04 as well, clean install.  Am attaching a copy of the files to show that the script loads MYSQL and the after asks for the password. By the way the attachment is in a TXT Doc.  Dodgy

Hope this helps and you may also be able to help Me.B
Many Thanks  Big Grin

Attached Files
.txt   ERRORS.txt (Size: 5.19 KB / Downloads: 3)
Thanks given by:
installer is still beta!

What URL did you try?
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Hi MeB,

Did not use any URL, did not get that far as I said your force script makes the installer go past the FQDN now but as in my attacted script errors, you get to it asking for a MSQL password and you get no further than that, have a look at my attached error .TXT it shows MSQL being installed then asking for the password.
Thanks given by:
I meant the installer URL you used.

Are you sure mysql is installed? If it locks up there. You can do the trick using another SSH session login and start mysql then set a new root password and provide it to the installer. This is not how it's supposed to work but I had once that bug and I solved it that way.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Hi MeB.
Thanks for your answer but you are just a bit to far ahead of me, I am not as good as you by a long way.  Huh

I have at the moment used Centos 6.5 to try the installer on went through a treat. It finds the FQDN
the IP and every thing else.

But the point is its just basicly zPanel not what I wanted to see. But there you go its just a shame that all the new posted install scrips do not go all the way though, with out all the errors yet.  Idea

P.S. this is the URL I used its yours: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MBlagu...ce_fqdn.sh
Thanks given by:
It's still beta we are doing our best to solve the issue. One installer for 4 os's is not so easy to do.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
No I understand that, it is just that we are all waiting for it, perhaps it would be better to keep them separated, 1 for Centos, and 1 for Ubuntu for the time being.  Idea  Just to get people up and running with the new release of Sentora.   Big Grin
Thanks given by:
No merging them will help later in maintenance and improving installers.

Updating one installer later will be far easier to manage than 4 installers and we noticed we had missed some patches in one OS while they were applied in the other. Not an easy task.

We are also maintaining 2 config branches for the packages/conf and we are merging them too. 1 rule them all!!

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Not too mention the core package is not yet completed. We are still squashing bugs and cleaning up code.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,875 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,097 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,486 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM