This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Send ok, receive not anymore (but used to)
Send ok, receive not anymore (but used to)
Hi,
I'm experiencing a problem with mail.
I can send mail correctly, but I can't receive from few weeks. Everything was working fine on every domains (so I can exclude a wrong configuration of DNS on these).
I would like to receive some tips to start to fix the problem.
(there are not important mail in the mailboxes, I can delete everything about mail if needed. Important data are about web hosting instead).
Thank you
Thanks given by:
RE: Send ok, receive not anymore (but used to)
(12-18-2016, 02:45 AM)mattewre Wrote: Hi,
I'm experiencing a problem with mail.
I can send mail correctly, but I can't receive from few weeks. Everything was working fine on every domains (so I can exclude a wrong configuration of DNS on these).
I would like to receive some tips to start to fix the problem.
(there are not important mail in the mailboxes, I can delete everything about mail if needed. Important data are about web hosting instead).
Thank you

New Details, when I send a mail to any domain running on the server, I get this response:

<info@domain.eu>: temporary failure. Command output: Can't open log file
   /var/log/dovecot-info.log: Permission denied
Reporting-MTA: dns; panel.domainforserver.it
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: BE1043EE20A8
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; sender@gmail.com
Thanks given by:
RE: Send ok, receive not anymore (but used to)
Ssh into your server and go to the /var/log folder and make sure that file is the folder. Then make sure permissions are set properly. (User=vmail Group=Mail CHmod=0660)

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Russ
Co-Owner
KTMGaming.net
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Why can i not send emails from my site phabeon8 3 6 ,378 04-20-2021, 06:29 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Webmail Send / Receive works but Outlook doesn't | Digital Ocean dipakcg 12 33 ,851 04-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 28 ,971 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik