This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora installers Roadmap
Sentora installers Roadmap
Since 1.0 we worked hard to improve the installers. 

We merged (Meb/5050) all the old separate installers we had previously. Introduced the unified installer for centos/Ubuntu and added support for centos 7.x and Ubuntu 14.x.

Kevin worked on adding debian installer and adding zpanel upgrade. I forked kevin work under 1.0.3-kevin branch:

https://github.com/sentora/sentora-insta....0.3-kevin

The upgrade process was included in the installer in a way would cause issues in the future. 

The branch we consider stable currently is: 1.0.3 release.

https://github.com/sentora/sentora-insta....3-release

Targets for 1.0.4 and more.

- Improving the installer.
- update suhosin.
- Unified upgrade script, as we currently have one upgrade script per release, we may be able to detect the release you have then apply all the required patches, so to upgrade all you have to do would be:

Code:
wget http://sentora.org/update && bash update

It should apply to any 1.0.x sentora release.

Also under work:
- Removing Zsudo from the installer and upgrade script to remove it. We try our best even to keep modules working with zsudo running. It require a lot of work as it's not only targetted at core.

- Upgrade script from Zpanel to sentora. It's still under work. And we should get a clean one. It got us more time as when releasing sentora 1.0 we renamed a lot of DB's, also we renamed directories.

- Changing Web stack security model, so we can support more than PHP in a secure way. Adding Suxec and changing permission model, per user.

If you want to participate please post here first.

If you have question you are welcome.

I will try to update the above roadmap when needed.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: Bobses
RE: Sentora installers Roadmap
Suhosin dropped support for 5.3.x and previous in latest release. We still can apply 0.9.38 to centos 7.x and ubuntu 14.0 while 6.x/12.x will get the latest supported 0.9.37.1

https://github.com/stefanesser/suhosin/releases

Added to my to do list.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Log rotate / fail2ban as separate script then merging in core installer.

We need to build custom config for log rotate as we change apache paths.

Fail2ban can protect SSH but require Iptables? I think it may remain as an extra script adding iptables default secure rules.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(02-20-2016, 10:02 PM)Me.B Wrote: Log rotate / fail2ban as separate script then merging in core installer.

We need to build custom config for log rotate as we change apache paths.

Fail2ban can protect SSH but require Iptables? I think it may remain as an extra script adding iptables default secure rules.

I already have some proper logrotate scripts that we are using for some time, changing the paths is not a problem.

Fail2ban can also work with firewalld and CFS.
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
Im willing to setup some codes for the installer.

You already have any idea what is going to change for logs paths?
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
I think we will set logs later inside users directories.

We could set basic routine then improve it when we change log paths.

OK I will let you do that. It helps.
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Update redirect to Sentora login to an error page if a sub domain does not exist TGates 0 1 ,228 01-28-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Need Sentora HELP ? Alemiz 4 11 ,322 10-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Last Post: republicus
Sentora Feedback and Ideas Xversion 10 28 ,714 10-28-2017, 06:49 AM
Last Post: TGates