This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Marketing Sentora
Marketing Sentora
just wondering if there are any marketing materials for sentora? i run an open source blog for my country of local users, and would like to mention / highlight the sentora project the website is www.ossmalta.com, also i would like to know if there is like a logo that state... (controlled by sentroa) or something along the lines.
Thanks given by:
RE: Marketing Sentora
You are welcome:

https://github.com/sentora/art

It's all already on Github.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
To be honest, as as a graphic designer specialized in branding, Sentora should REALLY improve the branding/marketing/design efforts.

What is currently in Github is, I'm sorry to say, nearly nothing and almost useless for marketing purposes.

I'm saying this with the most respect for the project and I'm willing to help on this regard (as I've already stated in private).
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by: warmax356
(02-15-2016, 11:37 AM)apinto Wrote: To be honest, as as a graphic designer specialized in branding, Sentora should REALLY improve the branding/marketing/design efforts.

What is currently in Github is, I'm sorry to say, nearly nothing and almost useless for marketing purposes.

I'm saying this with the most respect for the project and I'm willing to help on this regard (as I've already stated in private).

same here i am a Network admin and graphical / animation designer by trade, was wondering if there was any marketing materials, i won't mind offering my spare time in assisting sentra with marketing essentials.
Thanks given by:
So improvement what you think you can do? I don't remember the exact offer apinto.

TGates could better handle this and I'm sure he is open for help, but it's outside of my score currently and focus.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Me.B and TGates, Sentora is lacking the projection that other open source panels have.
The issue with Sentora is beyond graphical aesthetics, it's rooted on the brand/project values.

Sentora needs a clear brand focus both on marketing and project management.

I can help both on rebranding Sentora (either a full rebrand or just refresh, that will need to be brain stormed) and on conducting a marketing campaign aiming at expanding Sentora community and reputation.

However all that will be in vain if the Sentora team does not create a clear roadmap and show itself as a coherent team rather than a group of devs with unclear goals for the same project.
Being an open-source project it is still a project that needs management.

I'm VERY sad to say this (I love Sentora and I use it in production servers) but the project is going on a path that will lead to it's extinction sooner than many of you might think.
Telling people - who ask the Sentora team on how they might help - to check GitHub issues and fix them or just to commit changes they find useful IT'S NOT a good way to manage a Open Source project, that attitude shows lack of a road-map and honestly nobody likes to work on a feature just to either find it refused because it won't fit Sentora goals or to find another user committing the same thing first.

If people want to help the project HELP THEM help Sentora, don't just tell them "do whatever you find useful and report bugs".

This is just my opinion, I do not mean to offend anyone, I still love Sentora but I'm seeing the project a bit adrift...
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(02-16-2016, 06:32 AM)apinto Wrote: @[Me.B] and @[TGates], Sentora is lacking the projection that other open source panels have.
The issue with Sentora is beyond graphical aesthetics, it's rooted on the brand/project values.

I can help both on rebranding Sentora (either a full rebrand or just refresh, that will need to be brain stormed) and on conducting a marketing campaign aiming at expanding Sentora community and reputation.

However all that will be in vain if the Sentora team does not create a clear roadmap and show itself as a coherent team rather than a group of devs with unclear goals for the same project.

I'm VERY sad to say this (I love Sentora and I use it in production servers) but the project is going on a path that will lead to it's extinction sooner than many of you might think.
Telling people - who ask the Sentora team on how they might help - to check GitHub issues and fix them or just to commit changes they find useful IT'S NOT a good way to manage a Open Source project, that attitude shows lack of a road-map and honestly nobody likes to work on a feature just to either find it refused because it won't fit Sentora goals or to find another user committing the same thing first.

If people want to help the project HELP THEM help Sentora, don't just tell them "do whatever you find useful and report bugs".

This is just my opinion, I do not mean to offend anyone, I still love Sentora but I'm seeing the project a bit adrift...

Saying there is no roadmap is not true. There is no public roadmap, OK. Sentora team have a private section where we discuss over directions. I have set my targets but agree we should try to be more open. I'm always advocating being open over that.

So you comment is not only about branding here it's more about gouvernance and PR.

I just pointed before your comment that we need to review how github is managed and think more about how is managed:
https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo

I like how they are managing it.

It's obvious we need more dev's in that are commited. 

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(02-16-2016, 06:49 AM)Me.B Wrote:
(02-16-2016, 06:32 AM)apinto Wrote: @[Me.B] and @[TGates], Sentora is lacking the projection that other open source panels have.

Saying there is no roadmap is not true. There is no public roadmap, OK. Sentora team have a private section where we discuss over directions. I have set my targets but agree we should try to be more open. I'm always advocating being open over that.

So you comment is not only about branding here it's more about gouvernance and PR.

I just pointed before your comment that we need to review how github is managed and think more about how is managed:
https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo

I like how they are managing it.

It's obvious we need more dev's in that are commited. 

M B

I'm happy to see that we think alike Smile

True, my comment was not only about branding, however I wanted to say why I think branding is not enough BUT it is a important step.
In my experience good branding, marketing and design brings (usually) more motivation for everyone, both the devs and the users.
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Can anyone suggest best Sentora alternative servermaster 1 465 12-22-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora 2.0 Beta Ron-e 6 12 ,157 01-01-2022, 11:56 AM
Can not access Sentora ThomasMoss 4 6 ,380 01-01-2022, 10:41 AM