This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello I am not sure that I've done everything right
Hello I am not sure that I've done everything right
I use SYS OVH dedicated server.
I've reinstall centos 6.6 then uninstall BIND
then install Sentora

after that logged into panel went to domains added domain sted.ba
I bought domain on nic.ba

then went to dns manager and added records

IMG:
Code:
http://postimg.org/image/6jnqqb00f/

where ime1 and ime2 are ns1 and ns2 and their TTL is 144000

what I don't understand is this why domain status is live instead of pending because nic.ba didn't change old nameservers it is still connected to old one

IMG:
Code:
http://postimg.org/image/gug1ne7op/

If someone want to take a look into it closely pm me I will send you login info

Thank you very much for all your time especially to developers for this sample to use and amazing looking panel
Drunk  Cheers
Thanks given by:
RE: Hello I am not sure that I've done everything right
Did you change the domain nameservers with your domain provider?
Because intodns still says that you use the ns1/ns2.centos-webpanel.com nameservers.
It can take a while after you change this..

Also did you add the nameservers in the NS tab in DNS Manager on your sentora install?

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2015, 07:25 PM)Ron-e Wrote: Did you change the domain nameservers with your domain provider?
Because intodns still says that you use the ns1/ns2.centos-webpanel.com nameservers.
It can take a while after you change this..

Also did you add the nameservers in the NS tab in DNS Manager on your sentora install?

Thanks for your answer!

well I added domain and used panel's dns manager after installation  ...
They didn't change it I know that but why it says my domain's status is Active I believe it should stay pending till it is changed that is kinda logic ...
in nic panel when I want to change ns1 and ns2 of domain there is button to resolve ip adress
when I enter my ime1.sted.ba my reserved ip isn't 46.*.*.* it returns ime1.sted.ba which make me think that something is wrong with configuration on my end that is maybe the reason they didn't make any change ...
My friend told me the easiest solution for my problem is to use cloudFlare
Thanks given by:
It says 'active' because it is loaded and ready to go on Sentora... NOT because it is pointed to your Sentora nameservers or ip... It does not verify if you have set the DNS up properly, just that Sentora is ready to go with it.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2015, 03:21 AM)TGates Wrote: It says 'active' because it is loaded and ready to go on Sentora... NOT because it is pointed to your Sentora nameservers or ip... It does not verify if you have set the DNS up properly, just that Sentora is ready to go with it.

thanks a lot that was really important! for me to know
Thanks given by: