This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Linux host server virtualization platform recommendations...
Linux host server virtualization platform recommendations...
Hey guys,

I've spent the past couple of weeks getting myself familiar with Oracle's VirtualBox platform - I really needed to learn how to configure a dedicated server & to use phpVirtualBox as well, and I do like using it though I feel it's time to test out another virtualization platform.

Currently planning on testing out a new virtual platform on an Ubuntu 14.04 Host server, and I'm looking at installing KVM. What I'm wondering is if any of you other members have some input/advice about using KVM. Like, should I stick with straight up command line (CLI) or is there an open-source GUI/web-based application that you like using with KVM? Are there some things you find buggy with KVM? Will I be able to support every functionality of KVM by using open-sourced applications or will there come a point that I'll need to purchase an application just to get some things working?

Thanks in advanced guys!
- Head' Tongue
Thanks given by:
RE: Linux host server virtualization platform recommendations...
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Management_Tools

https://www.google.com/search?q=kvm+gui&gws_rd=ssl
***Retail***
SCPH-39002, Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
SCPH-30002 RSW (Automobile Collection Snow White)
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H30102 Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
(08-22-2014, 09:53 PM)Jigsaw Hosting Group Wrote: http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Management_Tools

https://www.google.com/search?q=kvm+gui&gws_rd=ssl

Yep, been reading through that page, and it's a long list, but I'm still seeking input/advice from some KVM users b/c I'm an awesome nice guy...

And Jigsaw - check your private messages, I've been waiting on a response from you for a while now, lol...
- Head' Tongue
Thanks given by:
(08-22-2014, 09:56 PM)Headpants Wrote: check your private messages, I've been waiting on a response from you for a while now, lol...

Yeah I'm slack. Had to reinstall my billing module and test before I could tell you what's wrong with it.
***Retail***
SCPH-39002, Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
SCPH-30002 RSW (Automobile Collection Snow White)
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H30102 Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
(08-22-2014, 10:03 PM)Jigsaw Hosting Group Wrote:
(08-22-2014, 09:56 PM)Headpants Wrote: check your private messages, I've been waiting on a response from you for a while now, lol...

Yeah I'm slack. Had to reinstall my billing module and test before I could tell you what's wrong with it.

It's all good - just thought I'd remind you. Big Grin
- Head' Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Server Status Monitor rsthomas 5 14 ,797 05-15-2019, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Ron-e
Show us ya.......... home server setup. Nigel 34 122 ,952 04-06-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Me.B
(SOLVE)Transfer full website with MySQL / WordPress from one server to another patthe 1 6 ,321 11-24-2016, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Me.B