This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SSL Failure
SSL Failure
Hey guys,

I've got a problem with SSL on my server. It is all set up using vhosts and has been working perfectly for 2 weeks now, nothing has changed. Today, some clients have told me that there sites are not working, and after having a look at my apache logs, it seems ssl has failed, despite nothing changing! the vhosts file is the same, certificates haven't changed name or directory, yet ssl is failing to work and it isn't telling me why it's failing. The error log says as follows...

[Sat Jul 04 21:17:21.154169 2015] [ssl:emerg] [pid 4744] AH02240: Server should be SSL-aware but has no certificate configured [Hint: SSLCertificateFile] (($
[Sat Jul 04 21:17:21.154227 2015] [ssl:emerg] [pid 4744] AH02312: Fatal error initialising mod_ssl, exiting.

Like I said, no files have been renamed, moved or no configs changed at all, so why has it failed?

Need help!
Thanks given by:
RE: SSL Failure
I'd be checking file permissions also double check that no files have been moved/removed, start isolation testing, by editing the a vhost a time commenting out the ssl stuff. and doing apache reload to check if the vhost load passes.

also could try doing
Code:
a2dismod ssl
then
a2enmod ssl
Thanks given by:
RE: SSL Failure
Double check the the steps again with this working methods on this step by step linked here.http://blogs.tanertemel.co.uk/2015/04/enable-https-ssl-via-sentora-for-secure.html?m=1
Thanks given by: