This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Deny users to create Domains
Deny users to create Domains
Hello!

Is it possible to disallow users to create domains for they own?
In our case it would be better if only administrators can assign domains to specific users.

Details:
Our users are available to choose up to 3 subdomains to use with their webhosting, e.g. "MYSITE.domain.tld". The user shouldn't create it for themselves - it's like managed hosting.

Thank you all for tips
Thanks given by:
RE: Deny users to create Domains
Currently you can't.

The panel had not been made for free hosting offers.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: FIRSTNINJA Sebastian
Ok, thanks.

Another idea: When setup a shared domain like "EXAMPLE.tld" users can create subdomains for themselves, right?
Would be a beginning.
Thanks given by:
Actually this can be made in a module, however I do not see many use cases...´

FIRSTNINJA Sebastian setting up shared domain is the way to go for what you are looking for.
Keep in mind that you can always limit the users to a max of 3 subdomains and for example remove the domain manager (so they can't and a main domain, only subdomains).
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

(06-02-2015, 07:04 PM)apinto Wrote: Keep in mind that you can always limit the users to a max of 3 subdomains and for example remove the domain manager (so they can't and a main domain, only subdomains).

Oh, is it also possible to disable the domain manager only for a specific package, and not only for a user group?
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 07:22 PM)FIRSTNINJA Sebastian Wrote:
(06-02-2015, 07:04 PM)apinto Wrote: Keep in mind that you can always limit the users to a max of 3 subdomains and for example remove the domain manager (so they can't and a main domain, only subdomains).

Oh, is it also possible to disable the domain manager only for a specific package, and not only for a user group?

It's not. Only for user groups.
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Hmmm..... but okay, I can limit the domains to zero for a specific package. Maybe with that solution we arrive the finish, just over another way... okay, thank you!
Thanks given by: apinto
Yup! That's a good solution and I would use it.

But, just to keep thinking about this You can always have different user levels, for example:
- Packages will limit the amount of things (500mb space, 3 sub domains, etc).
- User Levels would limit the available modules.
With this you can have some users on the same package but with different levels.

A use case for this would be to allow your users to pay for the ability to add a main domain while keeping the free account usage limits.

Smile
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Further Question (before I google for the documentation Big Grin): Can I add user levels?
I think no - or yes? Don't know.^^
Thanks given by: apinto
(06-02-2015, 08:00 PM)FIRSTNINJA Sebastian Wrote: Further Question (before I google for the documentation Big Grin): Can I add user levels?
I think no - or yes? Don't know.^^

Yes you can.
When I said user levels I was referrign user groups.

Check it at Reseller -> Manage User Groups

You can thread them as user levels.

Also, you will need to setup what each user group can access on Admin -> Module Admin (tick the check boxes Wink )
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Postfix relay specific domains to mailjet johnnyp 0 2 ,066 01-29-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: johnnyp
Disabling warning and notice logging in /var/sentora/logs/domains/* JSmith 0 2 ,491 01-02-2021, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JSmith
Cannot Create 2nd 'Addon' Domain In Sentora? Error: Invalid backend configuration. Re BattlinThrough 2 5 ,478 07-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: TGates