This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

dovecot send mail and receive mail
dovecot send mail and receive mail
Using thunderbird mail. Running an mailserver local for 2 domains and 2 domains i host elsewhere on a sentora panel.
DNS all setup, mail A records and MX records point to the exernal server and mail server. Try to send a email via thunderbird, have in my local mail log, user unknow in virtual table. First at all no clue why it looks local, becouse there is nowhere any dns entry what points to this local mail server.

On the sentora server in the dovecot log file i have the entries below.

Any clue or hint are welcome

dovecot.log file
2015-05-18 13:07:22auth: Error: read(anvil-auth-penalty) failed: EOF
2015-05-18 13:07:22auth: Error: net_connect_unix(anvil-auth-penalty) failed: Permission denied
2015-05-18 13:07:22auth: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
2015-05-18 13:07:22master: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
2015-05-18 16:33:23log: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
2015-05-18 16:33:23config: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
2015-05-18 16:33:23master: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
2015-05-18 16:43:41log: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
2015-05-18 16:43:41master: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
2015-05-18 19:42:03anvil: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
2015-05-18 19:42:03log: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
2015-05-18 19:42:03master: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
Thanks given by:
RE: dovecot send mail and receive mail
Sorry having trouble to understand the setup!

The local mail server is sentora too ? So you try to forward using the first server to the second?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
no. server A is not sentora, i just host there local 2 domains and a postfix/dovecot mailserver for this 2 domains.
Sentora server is a dedicated external server. with 2 other domains. Nothing should or get forwarded.
domain A: points to the local server
domain B: points to the local server
domain C: points to the external server (sentora)
domain D: points to the external server (sentora)
DNS seems to be setup correctly. Using yahoo mail send mail to Domain C. and then in Sentora in rundcube i see the mail.
If I try to send mail via Thunderbird to Domain C, then i get a popup say, user unknow in local virtual table also can't reach Domain C: But this proberly haves to do becouse dovecot seems to crash on the sentora server.

So fact: first I have no idea why Thunderbird even thinks Domain C and D is local there is no DNS entry or IP or anything else what points to this local IP. ???
then no single clue why dovecor seems to crash on the sentora
Thanks given by:
The answer is domain E conflicting with Domain F! Man you are killing me.

IF dovecot crashing don't exepect to be able ever to connect.

Thunderbird issue is more likely your config settings. As long webmail works this is on thunderbird side.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
not just killing you, im close before the point i drop death also. I think i give it up also, remove the sentora and setup all from hand at least then i know whats going on, in most cases Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Why can i not send emails from my site phabeon8 3 6 ,592 04-20-2021, 06:29 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
External mail client cannot connect to server iraqiboy90 2 6 ,304 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Webmail Send / Receive works but Outlook doesn't | Digital Ocean dipakcg 12 34 ,429 04-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Last Post: iraqiboy90