This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED on subdomain
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED on subdomain
Hello,

I have my sentora server already running for a month but now I just want to add a subdomain for my owncloud. I added 48 hours ago my subdomain and also added it in the CNAME. But I am almost always getting the error: [Image: 82a6344b2db88bcedeccce7b8306b02f.png] When I try to get on my subdomain. It works only 99% of the time..
And the best part is that I cant find any problems in the log, also my friends cant visit the subdomain but the head domain is just working fine.

I am running sentora 1.0.0 on CentOS 7
Thanks given by:
RE: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED on subdomain
Well first what dns servers are you using? likely not those on sentora panel.

So you need to add the dns entry in your registrar or cloudflare if you use that.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I use the sentora dns server:
[Image: 6faaf2f14a3747cfac8c238d065fa4d7.png]
Thanks given by:
thepascalboy on your domain registrar what nameserver entry do you have?
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the tip, it was my second nameserver. The second name server is running somewhere else beacuse my registar dont want me to use 2 nameservers on 1 ip. But I tought it takes only nameserver1 for my dns but I also need to add the CName by my second nameserver otherwise it crashed like this, that was my problem.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Only working 1 subdomain pedrowilson 3 7 ,032 11-12-2021, 04:59 AM
Last Post: 5050
Subdomain gbrain2008 3 6 ,081 03-08-2021, 05:34 PM
Last Post: ccr1969
Subdomain Not working PLZ HELP rajeevrrs 5 18 ,790 03-14-2020, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TGates