This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

CPU spikes
CPU spikes
Hi,
I have a VPS in DigitalOcean on which i've installed Sentora.I am getting strange CPU spikes, and after that my Sentora panel and the websites get an error:can't connect to the database.
I reboot the vps and everything is fine, but it happened already 3 times.
Thanks given by:
RE: CPU spikes
in my syslog file i see this
Apr 16 07:03:41 panel suhosin[8647]: ALERT - script tried to increase memory_limit to 94371840 bytes which is above the allowed value (attacker '37.187.162.183', file '/var/sentora/hostdata/zoom23/public_html/sofiapress_com/wp-includes/default-constants.php', line 52)
in php.ini i have set the:
memory_limit=80M
post_max_size=28M
upload_max_filesize=28M
Thanks given by:
Seem the WP plugin is using too much ram and so blow out your website.

Do you have enough ram or only the basic 512MB?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
My server has 1GB RAM.I have increased the memory limit of the server to 128mb.On the website i have a memory plugin which indicates memory usage of 38mb.Is it possible this one website to bring my whole server down?When this problem occurs i see a sudden spike in CPU usage and then it gives the error-Can't connect to the database and i have to reboot the server.Here are the graphs from DigitalOcean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(04-16-2015, 09:20 PM)zoom23 Wrote: My server has 1GB RAM.I have increased the memory limit of the server to 128mb.On the website i have a memory plugin which indicates memory usage of 38mb.Is it possible this one website to bring my whole server down?When this problem occurs i see a sudden spike in CPU usage and then it gives the error-Can't connect to the database and i have to reboot the server.Here are the graphs from DigitalOcean

It may be a ddos attack..??? What they said you there in DigitalOcean regarding this..???
Thanks given by:
A plugin or any badly written code can take down bigger server without so many requests.

Use P3 profiler:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/

And check plugins load.

My advice always avoid bloated plugins and only use what you really need.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: zoom23 , Account_Own , apinto