This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Intermittent connection
RE: Intermittent connection
I must agree with Me.B
You will not get far with a home server. It is not reliable, you may have internet connection issues, you can have power failures, probably your home router will not allow for much traffic and theres obviously the maintenance.

You can EASLY get a decent VPS for US$5 a month that is way better than your home hosting environment.

Please consider it, for your, for your costumers and for your wallet/sanity.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
@TGates
The issue is probably not related to a VPS, however if he plans to sellĀ hosting on that setup, it will not be a very good idea.I believe Me.B (like myself) recommended the VPS/DS because of that and not due to the issue.
However I do agree that Sentora should run perfectly ok with that setup.

Regarding the problem...
I've never tought about the Daemon, it can easly be that, however that would not explain why the other domain loads ok.... but it can be just the timing giving us false results.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Ok, update on this.

I've installed sentora on ubuntu server minimal install I read and can feel its definitely a lot more responsive and Vetter. ubuntu is on a dedicated machine not a Virtual.

I have mini PCs With Windows 8 that I am going to rolling out as a product so using a mini PC on my other monitor and connecting through ssh To the big machine.

Also why do I have to use a vpn to view my websites that I host on my own network? Dns just fails. Also the ftp when trying to connect to the domain that's being hosted at home resolves to 127.0.0.1.

Does anyone know if I am doing any thing wrong here as to why I am not able to connect to my site without a vpn?

P,s server is off atm - Smile until morning.
Thanks given by: