This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Problem adding ipv6 address for nameserver
Problem adding ipv6 address for nameserver
i want add ipv6 ip address for my nameservers
Normally this isnt a problem you make a AAAA recordt for this but in Sentora i get a "Hostnames must be unique." error, this is strange because this is the right way to add a ipv6 to your existing nameserver

Or is there a another way to add ?
This must be really solved because ipv6 is the future and i want to be my website future proof
Thanks given by:
RE: Problem adding ipv6 address for nameserver
This should be flagged as new feature request as currently we focused on IPV4 support. Agree we need to get ready for this.

Nothing prevent you from setting up your dns servers glue. Other solution would be to use cloudflare instead.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: Problem adding ipv6 address for nameserver
At the parent nameservers i have a glue for ipv6 but in Sentora i cant add it
I made a hack in MysQL dns tabels and add it there manually, not the nice way but it works

Dont forget to manually edit your zone file in

/etc/sentora/configs/bind/zones

Find your domain.txt and change it manually
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
DNS does not work Bind problem... Greval 17 33 ,486 07-04-2019, 01:50 AM
Last Post: fearworks
Problem Setup DNS Slave rizkypratama 1 5 ,735 10-31-2017, 04:01 PM
Last Post: gozfly
DNS Manager Config + Nameserver Issue [Godaddy] Good One 21 72 ,504 06-02-2017, 02:37 AM
Last Post: TGates