This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Clone a website from one sentora install to another server
[Not Solved] Clone a website from one sentora install to another server
So I have a system on server but when I go to it, it doesnt show. I should point out this server was hacked through a wordpress website in 2020 but I still have very important data in /var/sentora that wasnt touched and I need to recover it to another server. Please note I cannot access sentora on the compromised server. I was thinking of using rsync to recover but need the databse too. Is there an easy way to move this to another server??I've already rsynced it to my local machine but dont have the database logins which are on sentora. Any help on this would be appriciated??
Thanks given by:
[Not Solved] RE: Clone a website from one sentora install to another server
(05-23-2024, 04:07 AM)kevwebbie Wrote: So I have a system on server but when I go to it, it doesnt show. I should point out this server was hacked through a wordpress website in 2020 but I still have very important data in /var/sentora that wasnt touched and I need to recover it to another server. Please note I cannot access sentora on the compromised server. I was thinking of using rsync to recover but need the databse too. Is there an easy way to move this to another server??I've already rsynced it to my local machine but dont have the database logins which are on sentora. Any help on this would be appriciated??
Ok, I just typed out all the info below (Expanded info 1 + 2) then realized what you were asking in the LAST line or two.
Next time, please post the actual issue FIRST (Lost/no DB login). It would have saved me a lot of time by not having to create the 'Expanded info 1 + 2' notes. Yet, they may help somebody else Wink

So, the site is online? No errors show? Did your host upgrade their php or change settings with their hosting?
Do you have access to the site? Check the log files for errors?

I should have asked more questions before replying.

Expanded info 1:
If you have a copy of the DB that you need, you can just import that file into any mysql db on any server and access it that way.

DB logins are not an issue if you have a copy of the database saved.

On Sentora you would create a DB and DB user, use phpMyAdmin and log in with the new db and user and then import your saved database file.
For the site, you would just edit it's config file to use the new db.

Expanded info: 2:
The big question is if you had site backups enabled.
If you did then there should be complete site backups in: /var/sentora/hostdata/[client_name]/backups/.
If there are ZIP files in there with something like: [clientname]_May-19-2020_3455789.zip you just might be in luck!
Those ZIP files contain complete site files AND a DB dump.

You used rsync. For what? You have an original rsync of the compromised server?
And if you do, what files/folders did you rsync? ALL Sentora related files/services? (/var/lib/mysql/* folder being the most important.)
Example: /var/lib/mysql/[dbname]/*.idb

If you do not have the backup files but do have the above mentioned files, there's a lot on Google on how to restore from those files: restore mysql database with .idb files

--I Have sooo many questions.. LOL But, I hope the answers above will help somebody.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your reply TGates. I got the files and database.
Thanks given by:
(05-29-2024, 12:50 AM)kevwebbie Wrote: Thanks for your reply TGates. I got the files and database.

Did you get it working?

Thanks given by:
(05-30-2024, 05:28 AM)TGates Wrote: Did you get it working?

I havent had time to get to it yet. I need to install sentora on a debian server to create the database and ftp accounts but I'm working on it.
 I cant remember which file is used to maually change the FQDN.Can you remind me?
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2024, 04:16 AM)kevwebbie Wrote: I havent had time to get to it yet. I need to install sentora on a debian server to create the database and ftp accounts but I'm working on it.
 I cant remember which file is used to maually change the FQDN.Can you remind me?

We have not yet setup the installer to work on Debian. Ubuntu 20.04 would be your best OS to use right now.

The panel FQDN? That's in the sentora_core database which is setup during install.
If it needs to be changed after install, the info is in our Docs HERE

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Problem Install Sentora 2.0.1 franmm25 8 741 06-19-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: FrannyStephLux
Is it compatible Certbot with Sentora SSL module franmm25 1 303 06-10-2024, 04:40 AM
Last Post: TGates
SMTPTLS port 587 Close after fresh Install franmm25 5 442 06-10-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: TGates