This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Problem with sub-domains.
Problem with sub-domains.
Hello there. First of all, thank you for making this software free to use, it is really great. But however, there are some problems for newbies like me. Situation:

I have a digitalocean droplet running Ubuntu 14.04. I installed sentora and all things went smooth.

It is installed on sentora.tribalwolvesnetwork.com , i have domain purchased at godaddy.com and i pointed it's nameservers to digitalocean.

Ok, so far so good. Than i wanted to create as many sites as i need, but then i got the problem.

So what i did. I parked my domain in "Parked Domains" which is tribalwolvesnetwork.com , i added my site in Shared domains , which looks like this now -
PHP Code:
no-ip,dyndns,autono,zphub,tribalwolvesnetwork 
and than i created some domains in "Domains" section. Those were - avg.tribalwolvesnetwork.com , mli.tribalwolvesnetwork.com and yop.tribalwolvesnetwork.com , but the problem is, that ONLY first one i create works, which is avg.tribalwolvesnetwork.com, and it works fine, but not others. So, can you please help me and tell me where i did wrong. And for the future, how i can later change those domains e.g. avg.tribalwolvesnetwork.com, to www.avg.lv . Thanks
Thanks given by:
RE: Problem with sub-domains.
Okay, i figured this one out myself. Just added subdomains in digitalocean and it works fine. Thanks. But still need the last question asnwered. How do i later change avg.tribalwolvesnetwork.com to www.avg.lv , so i dont loose my website, just change domain?
Thanks given by:
RE: Problem with sub-domains.
(03-10-2015, 06:55 PM)SasquatchLV Wrote: Okay, i figured this one out myself. Just added subdomains in digitalocean and it works fine. Thanks. But still need the last question asnwered. How do i later change avg.tribalwolvesnetwork.com to www.avg.lv , so i dont loose my website, just change domain?

you need to go to your new domain (www.avg.lv) and make it pointing to the same nameservers of the hosting you were using with the first domain.
then add the new domain to sentora, and don't use "create a new home directory" just use "use existing directory"
Thanks given by: TGates

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Problem with roundcube pgh2011 0 2 ,305 01-30-2021, 12:48 AM
Last Post: pgh2011
Postfix relay specific domains to mailjet johnnyp 0 2 ,065 01-29-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: johnnyp
Disabling warning and notice logging in /var/sentora/logs/domains/* JSmith 0 2 ,490 01-02-2021, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JSmith