This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Get TLS/SSL for Sentora Mail
Get TLS/SSL for Sentora Mail
Hello, is there any updated way on getting SSL/TLS support on mails sent via RoundCube on Sentora so it doesn't either end up in spam or show a red lock icon? I read http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=4439 but as it was posted in 2014, I'm not sure if these instructions still apply. Also, I am using my domain registrar's nameservers (not self hosted nameservers) to host Sentora. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
RE: Get TLS/SSL for Sentora Mail
(07-23-2020, 01:32 AM)EGOSKY123 Wrote: Hello, is there any updated way on getting SSL/TLS support on mails sent via RoundCube on Sentora so it doesn't either end up in spam or show a red lock icon? I read http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=4439 but as it was posted in 2014, I'm not sure if these instructions still apply. Also, I am using my domain registrar's nameservers (not self hosted nameservers) to host Sentora. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

EGOSKY123,

Setting up SSL/TLS on Roundcube has nothing to do with receiving or sending SPAM. Adding an SSL/TLS setup will not stop messages you send to someone from being picked up as SPAM by Google, Yahoo, or other email providers. Email providers are picking emails you send as spam because you are not complaint to prove your not a spammer. You need to set up your server/DNS settings to provide email providers with information to prove you are a legit email provider and to accept all mail you send. This can be done by setting these 4 things below -

SERVER:
1. Set IP PTR (Reverse DNS) record with your IP/service provider. This should be mail.[yourdomain] - THIS IS A MUST!!!!
Every domain:
2. Set Domain DNS SPF record - THIS IS A MUST!!!!
3. Set Domain DNS & system DKIM record -THIS IS A MUST!!!!
4. Set Domain DNS & system DMARC record - THIS IS A MUST!!!!

These 4 things will get you complaint for Email providers like Google, Yahoo, and others. Telling you how to do this is beyond the scoop of this post. Sentora will provide modules in the future to help with this process. Hope this helps
-Jettaman-

NEW: Sentora v.2.0.1 has been released!!!

Sentora's quick recovery depends on community support and donations. We need to stand as one and help Sentora into the future.

Donate HERE and do your part. We thank you for your support.
Thanks given by: EGOSKY123
Hello, thanks for your reply. If possible, please give me a link to a thread where I can get instructions on how to setup the above DNS records. Also, please tell me if the above link/thread I mentioned is still up to date and is safe to follow.

Thanks,
EGO SKY
Thanks given by:
(07-23-2020, 02:55 PM)EGOSKY123 Wrote: Hello, thanks for your reply. If possible, please give me a link to a thread where I can get instructions on how to setup the above DNS records. Also, please tell me if the above link/thread I mentioned is still up to date and is safe to follow.

Thanks,
EGO SKY

EGOSKY123,

Normally you should hire a professional to help and set up your Sentora email server. There is a reason I said setup is beyond this post. A professional is needed to make sure and test your email server is setup properly and complaint. It takes many tests and weeks to make sure you are compliant and receiving and send legit email HEADERs to email providers like Google, Yahoo, and others. If I told you how to be compliant step-by-step every hacker would be able to send legit spam with Sentora software. NOT GOOD. 

I gave you a clear outline before. If you don't understand please contact me thru PM.

The link you are asking about earlier, to be honest, I'm not sure about. I've never tested it. That is a users post. It has never been verified by me. You need to contact the post author and verify that works. I would go about it in a different way as a professional and Sentora Developer. Contact me thru PM.
-Jettaman-

Sentora's quick recovery depends on community support and donations. We need to stand as one and help Sentora into the future.

Thanks given by: Ron-e
Check out these links to help point you in the right direction

SPF - https://mxtoolbox.com/SPFRecordGenerator.aspx
DKIM - https://www.socketlabs.com/domainkey-dki...on-wizard/
DMARC - https://mxtoolbox.com/DMARCRecordGenerator.aspx

You will need to find a a thread on Postfix DKIM setup. Hope this helps.
-Jettaman-

Thanks given by:
I added them in page Online tools to check anything that is  a better place for such info than the forum
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,879 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,098 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,487 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel