This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Disk Usage Total
Disk Usage Total
I'm newbie and this is first time i install Zpanelcp on my server.

My server has 4x1Tb HDD but "Disk Usage Total" show only 1Tb Sad

How to setup Zpanelcp reconigze 4Tb harddisk on server.

Thanks and best regards.
Thanks given by:
RE: Disk Usage Total
Huh ?

This is OS level issue you need to dig more your centos partition/ logical volumes knowledge.

Zpanel will use only space avaible under /var/zpanel mainly. Unless you move it!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
The question is why ask Zpanelcp question on a Sentora only forum? Respectively, you do have a whole Zpanel forum for that!
Thanks given by:
(08-14-2014, 01:03 AM)mediaportal Wrote: The question is why ask Zpanelcp question on a Sentora only forum? Respectively, you do have a whole Zpanel forum for that!
Because, we were the support team over there and are no longer answering questions on that forum and would like to help the current ZPanel users convert to Sentora when it's ready.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(08-13-2014, 05:35 PM)yuchiro Wrote: I'm newbie and this is first time i install Zpanelcp on my server.

My server has 4x1Tb HDD but "Disk Usage Total" show only 1Tb Sad

How to setup Zpanelcp reconigze 4Tb harddisk on server.

Thanks and best regards.

This sounds more like a RAID array issue, so here's some questions for you:

Is this a physical server that you have access to - that you can turn on/off or swap drives with your own hands?

What RAID type did you set? (RAID 1 / 5 / 1+0 / 0+1)

Is this a software RAID or hardware RAID setup?

What type of partitioning layout did you deploy?

Which Operating System is running the server?

They may sound like basic questions, but let's make sure you've covered the basics first before moving into "why won't ZPanelCP recognize the 4TBs on my server?"

----------------

Just a bit of FYI...

Most HDDs lose a bit of useable space once formatted/partitioned, I've seen drives lose from 5-7% of their "stated" capacity. So let's call it 7% for now, that would mean that each 1TB HDD would give you approximately 930 GBs of actual useable space.

So, taking that into consideration, here's what you'd get from setting up some common RAID arrays:

RAID 0 - 2x1TB HDDs would equal 1,860 GBs (1.86 TBs)

RAID 1 - 2x1TB HDDs would equal 930 GBs (you'd only see a single drive in a RAID 1 array)

RAID 5 - 4x1TB HDDs would equal 2,790 GBs (2.79 TBs)

RAID 10 (1+0) - 4x1TB HDDs would equal 1,860 GBs (1.86 TBs)

The numbers listed for each RAID array above would be overall space available BEFORE you install ANYTHING! So if you're creating your RAID array during the O/S installation, you'll lose a little bit of it to the O/S + any services you install as well.

If you absolutely want to use all 4 HDDs, then I recommend that you go with a RAID 5 array, this way you'll use the most space you can across all 4 HDDs and still have a level of redundancy where you can lose ONE HDD to a failure and still maintain the RAID array, though it will be degraded and will require replacing the bad HDD and then rebuilding the array...

HOWEVER

If you are new to RAID arrays, you should seriously consider using only 2x1TB HDDs in a RAID 1 configuration. You can lose one HDD and not lose your server, as well as having 2 spare 1TB HDDs that can be used as replacements for any failed HDD...

Ultimately up to you, I know most people want to use up every bit of HDD space they possibly can, but since you're new to hosting, save yourself the headache of building (or the need to rebuild) large RAID arrays and just work with a simple RAID 1 built off of 2x1TB HDDs. Quicker to back up, rebuild, setup than any other RAID array that provides redundancy...

As an example, my standard test server deployment for the longest time was:

RAID 1 (software) array with 2 x 1TB HDDs
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit server
ZPanelCP 10.1.1

Once deployed, I would have more than 875 GBs of disk space available to use for hosting, but I always kept a buffer so I'd plan to never use more than 850 GBs of the space...
- Head' Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Excessive disk usage testing 11 24 ,606 12-15-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
Disk Quota Issues JSmith 5 12 ,689 11-16-2018, 12:39 AM
Last Post: nibaldo
Sentora daemon high memory usage angelorocha 9 17 ,674 12-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Last Post: angelorocha