This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to upgrade php and mysql version?
How to upgrade php and mysql version?
Hi,

I need to upgrade the php and mysql version of my ubuntu server, how could I do it? I can't find the official way to update both versions and I have to update it, since I have these versions:
- PHP Version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.22
- MySQL Version: 5.5.59-0ubuntu0.14.04.1

I need to update php to version 7.3 or higher and mysql version 5.6 or higher.
Thanks given by:
RE: How to upgrade php and mysql version?
Hello,
    Currently, there is no official way to upgrade Sentora to PHP 7.3. Sentora hasn't had an update in 5 years and doesn't seem like we will see an update for a while. The Sentora community has been trying to help the Sentora team with upgrading Sentora for some time now with no progress from the original Sentora team. 

Currently, I am the only one that has a secure option to get Sentora to PHP 7.3. It is STABLE, SECURE and fully functional. You can follow this thread for information and updates.

This is currently a BETA version for TESTING ONLY. Hoping to release it soon.

Thread Here -> http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=11588
GITHUB -> https://github.com/Dukecitysolutions/sen...p7-upgrade
-Jettaman-

NEW: Sentora v.2.0.1 has been released!!!

Sentora's quick recovery depends on community support and donations. We need to stand as one and help Sentora into the future.

Donate HERE and do your part. We thank you for your support.
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2020, 03:16 AM)Jettaman Wrote: Hello,
    Currently, there is no official way to upgrade Sentora to PHP 7.3. Sentora hasn't had an update in 5 years and doesn't seem like we will see an update for a while. The Sentora community has been trying to help the Sentora team with upgrading Sentora for some time now with no progress from the original Sentora team. 

Currently, I am the only one that has a secure option to get Sentora to PHP 7.3. It is STABLE, SECURE and fully functional. You can follow this thread for information and updates.

This is currently a BETA version for TESTING ONLY. Hoping to release it soon.

Thread Here -> http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=11588
GITHUB -> https://github.com/Dukecitysolutions/sen...p7-upgrade

I just installed version 7.3 of php. Thank you very much.

Now I can't access my sentora panel, when I access it, a strange file is automatically downloaded... 
Why can't I access it by updating the php version?
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2020, 07:35 PM)davidlambda Wrote: I just installed version 7.3 of php. Thank you very much.

Now I can't access my sentora panel, when I access it, a strange file is automatically downloaded... 
Why can't I access it by updating the php version?

If you used my Sentora PHP 7 upgrade script then,

It sounds like you didn't let install finish and restart before you tried to access your Sentora system. This is a common issue with your browser caching the incomplete site. Just clear your cache in your browser. Close the browser then open and try again. This should fix your issue.

As for just upgrading PHP 5.4 to 7.3 in Sentora without upgrading Sentora panel. You CANT. Sentora relies on a PHP protection system called Suhosin. Suhosin Disables dangerous PHP Functions in PHP 5.4. Suhosin Is not compatible with PHP 7.x. That's why I have redesigned Sentora to use Snuffleupagus. Snuffleupagus is like Suhosin and disables dangerous PHP functions like Suhosin. Vhosts or sites are not jailed or chroot' ed in Sentora. That's why we need to disable dangerous PHP functions, so if one of your sites gets hacked they cant destroy the rest of the server.

Let me know if you need help getting your server up and working. You can always email me if you need help here.
-Jettaman-

NEW: Sentora v.2.0.1 has been released!!!

Sentora's quick recovery depends on community support and donations. We need to stand as one and help Sentora into the future.

Donate HERE and do your part. We thank you for your support.
Thanks given by: wormsunited
Thank you very much Jettaman!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
PLEASE HOW DO I UPGRADE FROM 5.1 TO 7.4 franselect 4 15 ,123 04-22-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: PromptAttestation
Upgrade Kinda Work - Domain Issues Now ppcseopro 6 23 ,166 04-18-2020, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Jettaman
Official Upgrade php version? visionix 7 29 ,715 01-13-2020, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Vedran B