This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sub-Domains name as Domian name
Sub-Domains name as Domian name
Im having hard time to migrate from previosue soultion to Sentora.

I would like to add both domains we own (I change the real name):
- super.domain.com
- cool.domain.com
Those are subdomains from "domain.com", but I would like to be able to add to them my own subdomains so my bought subdomain would act as my main domain.

When added first domain there is no problem. Adding the second one results in:
"You cannot add a Sub-Domain here. Please use the Subdomain manager to add Sub-Domains."

Is there a way to add both of them?
Thanks given by:
RE: Sub-Domains name as Domian name
Add domain.com as a shared domain in Module Admin > Apache Config > Shared Domains

There is a post around here somewhere about it... http://docs.sentora.org/?node=50
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
IS it ok even if I dont manage the domain.com and only its subdomain ?

From link you post I should In my case add sheared domain:
"If you have to host more than 1 subdomain for a domain not present on your server, you have to add the root domain in the "shared domain" list (Sentora -> Admin -> Module Admin -> Apache Config -> "Shared Domains" input box). But note that all Sentora accounts will be able to create subdomains of "shared domains""

But adding domain that I dont manage worked too, but dose it conflict with something ?
Thanks given by:
No, it should not conflict at all as long as you are just using the subdomain Wink

Thanks given by: sapsa
(02-28-2015, 03:49 AM)TGates Wrote: No, it should not conflict at all as long as you are just using the subdomain Wink

Hi,
sorry, but this feature is not working for me. I did exactly as you mentioned in your [how to].
Seems to me that Sentora is not taking my shared domain. I just can add in one user.
Is there way to check what could be the issue?
thnks.
Thanks given by:
wolvepy you can only have super.domain.com on ONE user account, if you try to add it to another user it will fail.

However you should be able to add super.domain.com to user1 and cool.domain.com to user2.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 01:57 AM)apinto Wrote: @[wolvepy] you can only have super.domain.com on ONE user account, if you try to add it to another user it will fail.

However you should be able to add super.domain.com to user1 and cool.domain.com to user2.

I'm agree with you apinto. The problem is that I can not add cool.domain.com to the user2.
Thanks given by:
Huh  Just tested on my set up and it works fine.

Added shaereddomain to shared domain entry
Logged into a test account and added shared.shareddomain.com http://shared.mach-hosting.com/
Logged into another account and added shared2.shareddomain.com http://shared2.mach-hosting.com/
And for fun, made a third one on a 3rd account http://shared3.mach-hosting.com/

All is working.

Maybe you missed a step? Or didn't wait for daemon to run (~5 mins)?

Thanks given by:
Thank you for testing TGates.
Believe man, I did all the steps, but I don't know why is not working. And I waited a lot, more than just 5 min.
It didn't work from the beginning, just after I installed Sentora.
Always getting the same message: "You cannot add a Sub-Domain here. Please use the Subdomain manager to add Sub-Domains.".
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, when you added the domain to be shared, you left off the .com (or whatever .tld is used) right?
If you'd like, PM me your panel URL and zadmin login password and what domain you are trying to share and I will take a look.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Postfix relay specific domains to mailjet johnnyp 0 2 ,065 01-29-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: johnnyp
Disabling warning and notice logging in /var/sentora/logs/domains/* JSmith 0 2 ,491 01-02-2021, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JSmith
Add on Domains not working but Main domain works luckyviet 2 5 ,552 03-18-2020, 07:38 PM
Last Post: AanaNahum