This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

What About Priority One Users?
RE: What About Priority One Users?
Sir,

Order a premium priority one support here and I will ensure you will get the remaining period you had added to the plan. Would this be fine?

We are trying our best to get this project running and that's why it was forked. So up to you if you want to support the project to go ahead or keep blaming us for hostwinds mess. They have IT Staff and none is helping in supporting priority one users! They are the owners of the project and didn't even try to put a support guy @ 20% of his time to support users. And all the burden supported by volunteers who were donating their time for free while they got all the money for the project while not investing back.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
You guys just don't get it.
Thanks given by:
(08-14-2014, 04:02 AM)smccarthy945 Wrote: You guys just don't get it.

We don't get it? What we don't get?

If you complain over the money you spent to get zpanel support. I made an offer so you recover the paid period, it's an honest deal.

What did current zpanel owners to offer you a solution? They have a FULL TIME support team and none helping us.

Beside that I replied to your last question in priority one support. I'm no longer active there since month's.

We are glad to help but once again we are volunteer doing our best and expect more support as we strive to push up the project despite the many road blocks we got.

I offered to transition the remaining period IF you pick a new support plan with sentora team. It's a honest deal. So do you expect free premium support from sentora team? We are not liable for zpanel current project owner.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
So what you are telling me is that I have to pay another $100 after losing my 1st payment. That sounds like a great deal! Yea, you offer to add the time on but not simply transition the support over at no cost which you should do.

My point is guys Hostwinds didn't start a war with ZPanel and come in and take over your software. Someone at ZPanel signed that business deal and as a result, signed a bad deal. A good contract would have provisions in it in which Hostwinds would have to perform or dedicate x number of resources to the project.

Your priority support users had no input into the signing of the deal and as a result, lost out. Are you telling me no one from ZPanel willingly signed this deal? Did Hostwinds perform a hostile takeover of the software without a signature of the owner of ZPanel?

My point is that someone at ZPanel signed the deal with Hostwinds. Yea, Hostwinds may have not performed but was there anything in the contract stating they had to? If so, why are you not in court suing them? From what it sounds like to me I am losing my priority support money along with many other people because of a bad business deal made between Zpanel and Hostwinds.

How can you not see this? You guys are acting like someone came in and took over your software and you had no dealings in it and no negotiation power. Did you put clauses in the contract to protect premium users?

It sounds like to me ZPanel owners signed a horrible open ended deal with a company that had no intentions of performing because there was no language in the contracts forcing them to do so. As a result, you guys have to jump ship and start over. Did you not have a contract attorney involved in this process?

This is the way I see if and you are probably going to disagree. Your priority users got screwed because of a bad contract that was not properly executed between ZPanel and Hostwinds. You say they have IT staff. Did you put provisions in the contract that they had to dedicate x number of staff to Zpanel for x number of hours per week? Were there provisions that Hostwinds had to provide x number of resources to the project?

Lets just agree to disagree here. I don't want to continue to argue over this as I think this is a good product and one of the best control panels out there. The software is unbelievably stable and easy to use. It is just a shame that I got caught in the crossfire of a bad business deal. I personally feel like I got burned but that is just my opinion. Maybe the other premium users will be happy to fork over another subscription after losing theirs. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Please don't make offers/discounts to people without first disscussing and confirming with all the staff me.b

We are extremly sorry to all PriorityOne users who have lost out due to the volunteer staff moving from ZPanel to Sentora. Note that there are still some HostWinds employees on the ZPanel forums who may begin answering PriorityOne support requests (though this is probably unlikely).

We did originally think we were getting a good deal with HostWinds but yes, it ended up being a bad move. We have tried to negotiate with them but in the end the best thing to do was to start a new project - and here we are.

We are still happy to provide free support to ZPanel users and I *think* we're going to continue to until the second release of Sentora.

I'm going to close this thread for now as it's clearly causing some arguments.
Before posting, update your profile with your OS, Sentora version and server type!

Thanks given by:
(08-14-2014, 04:47 AM)jacobg830 Wrote: Please don't make offers/discounts to people without first disscussing and confirming with all the staff me.b

We are extremly sorry to all PriorityOne users who have lost out due to the volunteer staff moving from ZPanel to Sentora. Note that there are still some HostWinds employees on the ZPanel forums who may begin answering PriorityOne support requests.

We did originally think we were getting a good deal with HostWinds but yes, it ended up being a bad move. We have tried to negotiate with them but in the end the best thing to do was to start a new project - and here we are.

We still happy to provide free support to ZPanel users and I *think* we're going to continue to until the second release of Sentora.

I'm going to close this thread for now as it's clearly causing some arguments.

See I tried my best to solve it and offer a honest deal. Seem I don't get it!
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Smccarthy945,

I'll raise this with all the staff and see what we can do. I understand where you are coming from entirely... from your point of view you paid the project and the project moved.

However if we (the project) didn't actually receive any of the fee and it went to hostwinds then your support contract lies with them. If that is the case then i would advise to go directly to their website and contact their support team if they aren't answering on the zpanelcp forums.

All that said let me have a chat with Bobby and the others to find out the facts and get back to you.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
As users to register? potyomkin 10 29 ,726 04-28-2015, 07:06 AM
Last Post: potyomkin