This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora Forum Spam Issues
Sentora Forum Spam Issues
The constant spammy posts that keep appearing on this forum are really starting to get annoying.

MyBB boasts anti-spam features, so are these being utilised? Or can we add some recaptcha code to sign-up and posting forms?

Or even better, make the forum a moderated environment where posts need approving by an admin first? And if the issue is that there aren't enough admins, then may I suggest asking if anyone would be willing to help out in this field? I visit this forum daily now and often report any spam posts, but they are becoming a bit of a joke because there are more posts made than actual real user posts.

Keith.
Thanks given by:
RE: Sentora Forum Spam Issues
We have quite a few of the anti-spam options enabled. The issue is that the accounts are now being created by humans so any anti-spam deterrents are being 'answered' correctly so they get in. Moderating posts before they are posted has proven in the past to be almost if not more tiresome as purging the spammers. We have tried things like no links in first X
X posts, this only caused more posts by them until they past the minimum level of posts.
I could upgrade you to forum moderator and you could help take advantage of the purge spammer button Big Grin
Enjoy! LOL
(And, Thanks!)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2018, 08:43 AM)TGates Wrote: We have quite a few of the anti-spam options enabled. The issue is that the accounts are now being created by humans so any anti-spam deterrents are being 'answered' correctly so they get in. Moderating posts before they are posted has proven in the past to be almost if not more tiresome as purging the spammers. We have tried things like no links in first X
X posts, this only caused more posts by them until they past the minimum level of posts.
I could upgrade you to forum moderator and you could help take advantage of the purge spammer button Big Grin
Enjoy! LOL
(And, Thanks!)

Haha, ok thank you. I'm sure I will enjoy my new super-powers! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2018, 08:54 AM)fearworks Wrote: Haha, ok thank you. I'm sure I will enjoy my new super-powers! Big Grin

Cheers! And thanks for the help around here!

Thanks given by:
(12-04-2018, 09:07 AM)TGates Wrote: Cheers! And thanks for the help around here!

Hey Tom, if you guys need help purging the spam I can add it to my daily list of activities as well. The Spam has always been an issue here, and I know it is the humanoid issue mostly.

Also look for a PM from me, I have something that should be added to a closed thread that actually "fearworks" not only informed be about, but helped me resolve it.
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:
Thank you for your help.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2018, 09:44 AM)worksmarter Wrote: Hey Tom, if you guys need help purging the spam I can add it to my daily list of activities as well. The Spam has always been an issue here, and I know it is the humanoid issue mostly.
*I'll add you as Sentora Support also Cool

Thanks given by:
Just wondering why Me.B is not on the Sentora Council jet?
TGates and Me.B are the only visual active members accept the 2 new support staff. Tongue
Did not heard anything from 5050 for a long time but he logs in sometimes and Motters did not logged in sins 7th May, 2017...

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
5050 sorting out personal issue. I'm still trying my best to check here.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2018, 02:29 AM)Ron-e Wrote: Just wondering why Me.B is not on the Sentora Council jet?
TGates and Me.B are the only visual active members accept the 2 new support staff. Tongue
Did not heard anything from 5050 for a long time but he logs in sometimes and Motters did not logged in sins 7th May, 2017...

5050 also takes care of the behind the scenes stuff with the web server. (Backups, updates, etc.)

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Can anyone suggest best Sentora alternative servermaster 1 465 12-22-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: TGates
Forum SSL && Email problems republicus 1 1 ,180 02-22-2023, 08:14 AM
Sentora 2.0 Beta Ron-e 6 12 ,156 01-01-2022, 11:56 AM